Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    E.g- sitting on the beach, reading The Times- as you do and this guy picks up his mobile, was on it for about half an hour, talking about his "business deal" about how he wanted the '10 million pounds to go through by Friday and to close the deal'...Carried on like that, fair enough but don't let the whole beach hear about it.
    Like the other day this girl in a bar talking about how she had been spotted to do modelling and her Mother was cooing about "oh how exciting it will all be" EXTREMELY loudly. Like it was getting to the point of embarrassing. Turned around not being rude or joking this girl was about 4ft, bucked teeth- quite ugly tbh. Maybe she needed the confidence boost of people thinking she had been scouted. Who knows
    Why do people do that kind of thing for effect?

ReputationRep:
    yeh that can be annoying.

but being the subtle person i am i usually tell them to shut the hell up after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Mundi)
    yeh that can be annoying.

but being the subtle person i am i usually tell them to shut the hell up after a while.
    Thanks for the advice I might just do that (non-sarcastic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    Thanks for the advice I might just do that (non-sarcastic)
    if they're too loud and being irritating then tell them.

ReputationRep:
    "Oh hi darling. Yeah I played at the bridgewater last night. Just on my way back to London. Get the maid to get something ready would you? This train is quite simply unbearable."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    "Oh hi darling. Yeah I played at the bridgewater last night. Just on my way back to London. Get the maid to get something ready would you? This train is quite simply unbearable."
    Oh I get it now...your taking the piss- well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    ur one of THEM aren't u!?!

ReputationRep:
    Why do people do that kind of thing for effect?
    You do much the same on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    You do much the same on here...
    Most of the time its said in jest but your a slow witted chav, no need to apologise

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time its said in jest but your a slow witted chav, no need to apologise
    I know it's in jest, and you're quite obviously a slow witted poshboy because I wasn't being serious there either.

While I'm in this thread, my personal annoyance is when people's kids/grandkids do something stupid, and the parent/grandparent simpers at you in an "isn't s/he so cute and great?" If that makes any sense.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's in jest, and you're quite obviously a slow witted poshboy because I wasn't being serious there either.

While I'm in this thread, my personal annoyance is when people's kids/grandkids do something stupid, and the parent/grandparent simpers at you in an "isn't s/he so cute and great?" If that makes any sense.
    None at all but as its you i will let it pass!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes when the runny nose toddler just sits there screaming and your trying to eat at a restaurant etc....whilst the parents say "ah he/she is just tired". Kinda the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    None at all but as its you i will let it pass!! lol!
    ah, it's hard to explain online. It's just people who think that their toddlers are oh so cute, and expect you to think it too.

ReputationRep:
    ah, it's hard to explain online. It's just people who think that their toddlers are oh so cute, and expect you to think it too.
    Sarcasm the lowest form of wit (its my only defence). As in i was being! :rolleyes: Of course i understood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Sarcasm the lowest form of wit (its my only defence). As in i was being! :rolleyes: Of course i understood!
    Sodding hell, I can't read anything right today.

Although it didn't look like a sarcastic comment.

ReputationRep:
    The gay people in my school year used to do this incessantly...

"I was on the recieving end last night!", "Oh, will you shut UP about blowjobs for just a second!", "No I DIDN'T have mayonnaise on my chickenburger! I did NOT get it on my face!"...

I could go on, it was enough to make me feel physically sick. They were the type of ***** who felt the need to make some political "gay and proud" statement at every single opportunity, as if anyone actually cares (and no, I say this because they WERE, not because I'm an evil bigot who thinks this just because they are gay, which is the kind of thing they'd probably accuse me of). If I ever come across as anti-gay, sorry, but it's not without reason.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.