Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend good textbooks/books/articles on Equity and Trusts?

ReputationRep:
    I assume that you're going to be studying Trusts at university. Why not just wait to see what the reading list is for your particular course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    I assume that you're going to be studying Trusts at university. Why not just wait to see what the reading list is for your particular course?
    You assumed correct. I have tried emailing the lecturers, but have had no reply yet. I jus wanted to get a headstart before I go back.

ReputationRep:
    I've recommended this series in a few thread but Unlocking Trusts was quite helpful to me.

Equity is a horrible subject! Probably my least favourite of all my modules!

ReputationRep:
    I personally like the subject a lot. Interesting and abstract, making you think a lot. I rely on several sources, but i would recommend Mohammed Ramjohn's cases and material. Although it is not a text, the materials are presented in such a systematic way that you could feel the flow.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Equity. I used Pearce & Stevens, 'The Law of Trusts and Equitable Obligations' and would highly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    As for articles, there are lots of them in various journals. Its about you yourself taking the initiative to search for them. My college merely has LQR and Convs but i find them very useful.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Hanbury and Martin and there was another one we used too from the library but I just can't think what is was called... I just remmember it was big and green and made me understand vandervell inside out!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hudson?

ReputationRep:
    Pearce and Stevens is our recommended text I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Big and Green, Hudson no doubt. It has diagrams to illustrate complicated cases. Understanding Vandervell inside out? There are much more to know about Vandervell than what Hudson could offer.

ReputationRep:
    My personal opinion? Avoid Hayton and Marshall's book like the plague.

This book uses full-stops and commas so sparingly you will find yourself writing sentences like this one which just winds on and on and on with no plausible reason why there is no use of punctuation at all except to confuse you even more about what a Trust even is or why it's there or could even make you question whether or not you retain the desire to live.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's good for research but not student-friendly. Btw, has anyone tried out Snell's Equity? I find it quite concise and well updated, totally student friendly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2007

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.