Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the fastest growing religion in the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Any evidence? It comes from "aslamer" the infinitive "to surrender." I can hardly see it suddenly transforming into "peace" when it becomes Islam.
    of frig off ... it comes from the word salam ... ever heard the muslims greeting eact other by " asalam a laikum " ..... thts where it comes from .. tht means " peace be on u " .. the word salam , salamaty etc all mean peace

ReputationRep:
    ur quotes are wrong , they are not from the quran ... they are from a school of thought ... i havent even heard of shakir etc ...

quranic arabic is very hard to understand and interpret into english ... english is very limited in its vocabulary ... any language for tht matter is hard to translate into another language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    of frig off ... it comes from the word salam ... ever heard the muslims greeting eact other by " asalam a laikum " ..... thts where it comes from .. tht means " peace be on u " .. the word salam , salamaty etc all mean peace
    Actually, I think it means both. To submit is to be at peace. But it is definitely submission.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think it means both. To submit is to be at peace. But it is definitely submission.
    read a proper translation of the quran , theres a whole verses dedicated to the meaning of the name of the religion , its def peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Also tell me why it is the fastest growing Religion.

I know Islam is the fastest growing religion. I am asking you on what you think is the fatest growing religion and why.
    clearly the fastest growing religion is Kikironophobioism....

ReputationRep:
    Verily for all men and women who have surrendered themselves unto God, and all believing men and believing women, and all truly devout men and truly devout women, and all men and women who are true to their word, and all men and women who are patient in adversity, and all men and women who humble themselves before God, and all men and women who give in charity, and all self-denying men and self-denying women, and all men and women who are mindful of their chastity, and all men and women who remmber God unceasingly: for all of them has God readied forgiveness of sins and a mighty reward.

men and women ... not just MEN .... ill find more ...

ReputationRep:
    ur quotes are wrong , they are not from the quran ... they are from a school of thought ... i havent even heard of shakir etc ...

quranic arabic is very hard to understand and interpret into english ... english is very limited in its vocabulary ... any language for tht matter is hard to translate into another language
    They are surahs, the words next to them are the names of the most respected scholars. So they are from the quran, actually.

This is true, but not so true that explicit instructions about beating people come from nowhere, especially when six different authorities on the matter end up with more or less the same.

ReputationRep:
    i dont drink coz a book tells me to , chck out pics of alchoholics livers on the net , trust me ull change ur mind .. and ask ur doc for an opinion on it ... lesse if he aslo agrees with u
    I don't disagree that alcohol abuse will destroy your liver, but moderate alcohol consumption does not harm your liver. The purpose of the liver is to break down chemicals like alcohol, if we didn't drink these poisons then the liver wouldn't be performing it's purpose... so obviously God intended us to drink! Otherwise he wouldn't have designed us with a liver

ReputationRep:
    Women are independent individuals, as exemplified by the fact that all human beings will be accountable for their own intentions and deeds on the Day of Judgment when "no human being shall be of the least avail to another human being" (82:19) If men were ultimately responsibile for women (fathers for their daughters, husbands for their wives, etc.), then this accountability would be solely on men's shoulders to bear until the Day of Judgment. But this is not the case: "And whatever wrong any human being commits rests upon himself alone; and no bearer of burdens shall be made to bear another's burden..." (6:165)

O mankind! Be conscious of your Sustainer, who has created you out of one living entity (nafs), and out of it created its mate, and out of hte two spread abroad a multitude of men and women. And remain conscious of God, in whose name you demand your rights from one another, and of these ties of kinship. Verily, God is ever watchful over you! (4:1)"

"I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)"

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

"If any do deeds of righteousness be they male or female and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them. (The Noble Quran, 4:124)"

all the quote numbers are there ... jus incase u wanna chck em out urslef

ReputationRep:
    read a proper translation of the quran , theres a whole verses dedicated to the meaning of the name of the religion , its def peace
    http://www.rso.wmich.edu/mda/islam/intro/mean.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I'd rather be an alcoholic than a muslim

MB
    Make yourself a early grave ok lol

ReputationRep:
    Verily for all men and women who have surrendered themselves unto God, and all believing men and believing women, and all truly devout men and truly devout women, and all men and women who are true to their word, and all men and women who are patient in adversity, and all men and women who humble themselves before God, and all men and women who give in charity, and all self-denying men and self-denying women, and all men and women who are mindful of their chastity, and all men and women who remmber God unceasingly: for all of them has God readied forgiveness of sins and a mighty reward.

men and women ... not just MEN .... ill find more ...
    This is merely saying that men and women will goto heaven. It doesn't negate the other things that the quran says.

ReputationRep:
    Women are independent individuals, as exemplified by the fact that all human beings will be accountable for their own intentions and deeds on the Day of Judgment when "no human being shall be of the least avail to another human being" (82:19) If men were ultimately responsibile for women (fathers for their daughters, husbands for their wives, etc.), then this accountability would be solely on men's shoulders to bear until the Day of Judgment. But this is not the case: "And whatever wrong any human being commits rests upon himself alone; and no bearer of burdens shall be made to bear another's burden..." (6:165)

O mankind! Be conscious of your Sustainer, who has created you out of one living entity (nafs), and out of it created its mate, and out of hte two spread abroad a multitude of men and women. And remain conscious of God, in whose name you demand your rights from one another, and of these ties of kinship. Verily, God is ever watchful over you! (4:1)"

"I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)"

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

"If any do deeds of righteousness be they male or female and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them. (The Noble Quran, 4:124)"

all the quote numbers are there ... jus incase u wanna chck em out urslef
    Equal is a very vague word in this context. And it still doesn't negate the other things said.

ReputationRep:
    They are surahs, the words next to them are the names of the most respected scholars. So they are from the quran, actually.

This is true, but not so true that explicit instructions about beating people come from nowhere, especially when six different authorities on the matter end up with more or less the same.
    No They aren't from the quran,not shakir not ali,if you want I can post hear the name of all of the suras in quran,so hun they are all hand made written that where spread over the net since like months ago attending to distroy the image of islam and having people mixed up between real quran and suras and again and again b4 posting anything try to be sure from your sources

ReputationRep:
    Equal is a very vague word in this context. And it still doesn't negate the other things said.

tht seems vague to u ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    No They aren't from the quran,not shakir not ali,if you want I can post hear the name of all of the suras in quran,so hun they are all hand made written that where spread over the net since like months ago attending to distroy the image of islam and having people mixed up between real quran and suras and again and again b4 posting anything try to be sure from your sources
    Once again, I didn't say that shakir or ali was the name of a surah! These are the names of scholars!

ReputationRep:

tht seems vague to u ????
    Yes. Because let's look at this formally. "Each of you is equal to one another." Am I the same as you? Are you a 6ft 4 white lad with freckles? No. He doesn't specify what properties are equal. I suspect he means "you are just as important as each other." But he doesn't explicitly say this. So how are you to deduce what Islam thinks about wifebeating from this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    i live in uae and they block any such propoganda , chcked it out ... those are falsified quotes and hence dont have numbers to them .... get ur facts straight mate ( fishpaste i mean )

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Because let's look at this formally. "Each of you is equal to one another." Am I the same as you? Are you a 6ft 4 white lad with freckles? No. He doesn't specify what properties are equal. I suspect he means "you are just as important as each other." But he doesn't explicitly say this. So how are you to deduce what Islam thinks about wifebeating from this?
    be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other ...

how can u not call tht a quote stressing the importance of equality in the sexes ??? are u really tht blind ... ive been debating professionally for 3 years ... at least put up a valid argument

ReputationRep:
    i live in uae and they block any such propoganda , chcked it out ... those are falsified quotes and hence dont have numbers to them .... get ur facts straight mate ( fishpaste i mean )
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=qur...f&start=0&sa=N

Which version are you using? I think it would be a bit difficult for me to make something up which is referenced about 3000 times on google.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.