Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the fastest growing religion in the world? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Please feel free to join in.

MB
    Religion is for people with teeny weenies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Religion is for people with teeny weenies!
    What?

ReputationRep:
    ... umm... well in this country its atheism (which i class as a religion of some description... just one without a god) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    ... umm... well in this country its atheism (which i class as a religion of some description... just one without a god) :cool:
    ok :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jason0506)
    Muslim actually means a slave of God. The reason why I am uncomfortable with Islam is because unlike Christianity which considers the people of earth the children of God, muslims see themselves as slaves of God. They do not believe in what we call the good news-the fact that we are Lord's children and the Son of God died for the sake of our salvation. It seems to me that muslims do not benefit from a close relationship of love for God as for their father, they see him as something superior and unaccessible, Someone who should be feared rather than loved with all your heart.

The second thing is purely cultural-that is the fact there does not appear to be such a thing as Islamic theology, as a Christian would understand it. The leading Islamic scholars interpret the Holy Book very literally without much room for debate and theological analysis.

In generally, I am very sceptical about revelations-and if our muslim brothers and sisters would remember, Mohammed did several strictly prohibited things by giving himself authority from the revelations-(how old was Aisha when they Mohammed married her-12); he married his son's widow which was strictly not allowed, and he robbed caravans to recruit merecenaries to go and attack Mecca. As sure as I am that Mohammed was a wise man, I have problems with seeing him as a Prophet of God. Compared to Christ who preached love and abstained from marriage, anything material and died for others, Mohammed's image is somewhat different.

At the end of the day Muslims, Christians and the Jews believe in one God, and we are all brothers and sisters, but as someone quite rightly said here-Quran is very much like Bible and Tora. There are theories that Mohammed just took bits from each book when he was trying to come to God and convert the pagans, but to me it just seems that he made a mistake or two.

If anyone wants to discuss this further, I will be very happy to-theology is my great interest. Especially muslims, feel free to email me or send me a private message!
    Basically pretty much everything you have said is wrong. There is a long history of Muslim scholarship, theology and debate. Much of it has influenced the way we learn today. Also, although there are problems with people misinterpreting religion these days, in Muhammads time, marrying a widow was to protect her financially and socially, and was a very forward thinking movement on his part. Try reading a little about Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    again from the same earlier source
    And neither party can use anything more than a small twig which was traditionally used to brush teeth. So its like having a toothbrush fight. I have read this part of the Qur'an in both arabic and english.

ReputationRep:
    Spongebobism is the fastest growing religion.

To understand why just ask yourself 'Who wouldn't like a yellow sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea?'

ReputationRep:
    Someone may have said this already but its Atheism.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the point of religion. I believe in God, but I don't feel the need to follow strict guidelines of any religion. Too lazy to convert out though haha so technically I am a Muslim, I just prefer to think of myself as one who likes her fun.

I get told I'm going to go to hell by the insanely religious people at school

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Jedi Knight; I thought that was the fastest growing religion?

ReputationRep:
    Scientology is the fastes growing religion in the world if you look at the % increase, not the raw numbers....

ReputationRep:
    Spongebobism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    Spongebobism
    LOL :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    What happened to Jedi Knight; I thought that was the fastest growing religion?
    You watch too many movies! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    kabbalah/scientology/the latest celebrity religion fad
    ?????? :confused: What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Scientology is the fastes growing religion in the world if you look at the % increase, not the raw numbers....
    Wonder how this compares to the pagan umbrella.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.