The Student Room Group

do i need to know the stages of mitosis and meiosis?

only doing additional science and core but do i need to learn the names like Prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophases ?? Thanks
"My toesies replicate by mitosis".
If I remember, not for GCSEs (for edexcel anyway)
Look at your specification of your exam board
Old spec: No.
New spec: Yes.
Original post by Samosa and Vada
Old spec: No.
New spec: Yes.

What? So they've added those kind of levels of details into the new GCSE spec? That's crazy :s-smilie:
Reply 6
ok thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by Mistletoe
"My toesies replicate by mitosis".

i shall bear that in mind :smile:
Original post by thisistian
What? So they've added those kind of levels of details into the new GCSE spec? That's crazy :s-smilie:

Absolutely sure that they have to know "Prophase" and all the names.While the old spec people (like me) just have to know basic stuff about Mitosis such as chromosome replicates, the replicas separate and move to opposite poles, Thereafter it divides.
Original post by Samosa and Vada
Absolutely sure that they have to know "Prophase" and all the names.While the old spec people (like me) just have to know basic stuff about Mitosis such as chromosome replicates, the replicas separate and move to opposite poles, Thereafter it divides.

I think soon we're going to find degree-level stuff in the A Level syllabus :sad:
Original post by gnuehc128
i shall bear that in mind :smile:

Meiosis in my ovaries is another good one :tongue:
Holy moly GCSEs have gotten a lot harder. Literally all I needed to know from this was that Mitosis was for normal cells and Meiosis was for gametes.

Quick Reply

Latest