The Student Room Group

I asked my girlfriend before we started dating if she was single. Turns out she lied.

What should I do? Should I give her the benefit of the doubt or whatever it is you people keep saying when someone is guilty?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't have cared to begin with, would be annoyed that she lied though.
Get on Jeremy Kyle and do the lie detector m8
Reply 3
Original post by .( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

i think what she tried to say was I was the back up but after she realized I'm reALLY good she dumped that guy's ass and took me as priority

to be honest im not really comfortable hearing all that
Reply 4
She'll do it to you as well.
Original post by Anonymous
i think what she tried to say was I was the back up but after she realized I'm reALLY good she dumped that guy's ass and took me as priority

Why not? She wasn't legally married to him, she didn't break the law. The only thing she did wrong was to lie and that was probably because she was scared of how you would react.
Reply 6
Original post by l'etranger
Why not? She wasn't legally married to him, she didn't break the law. The only thing she did wrong was to lie and that was probably because she was scared of how you would react.

'The only thing she did was lie'

Lying is the worst thing you can do in a relationship, even having sex with other people is fine if you are honest with each other about it.
Original post by Mr Poo
'The only thing she did was lie'

Lying is the worst thing you can do in a relationship, even having sex with other people is fine if you are honest with each other about it.

This is categorically false.
Reply 8
This is categorically false.

Actually it is non categorically true. See swingers.

She is dishonest. One day she will find another guy she likes, she'll tell him she's single and she'll dump your ass. She has no respect.
Reply 9
If she's lying this early, it's a bad sign. Run away and leave her.
Original post by Mr Poo
Actually it is non categorically true. See swingers.

She is dishonest. One day she will find another guy she likes, she'll tell him she's single and she'll dump your ass. She has no respect.

People who are in open relationships/swingers are not in proper relationships.
Reply 11

As someone who is highly conservative and thinks it's a bad idea. I disagree. They can define a relationship however they want.

If you truly think you're correct, go to fetlife.com and post your last sentence onto the feed. See how many people disagree.
Original post by SonoLuma
If you truly think you're correct, go to fetlife.com and post your last sentence onto the feed. See how many people disagree.

fetlife.com is a haven for unattractive women to be treated like princesses by equally unattractive men, it's not where normal healthy people spend their time. Even sightly vapid goodlooking girls who are sexually precocious would never ever be found on fetlife.com, don't make me vomit.

So how long was she going out with the other one for?
How long the overlap?
Why did it end?
Did you have alternatives?
If you arent comfortable having been back up, then what are you going to do about it?
Original post by SonoLuma

It doesn't matter if other people think differently, for me having a open relationship is just utterly disgusting. if my girlfriend suggested it I would leave her.
fetlife.com is a haven for unattractive women to be treated like princesses by equally unattractive men, it's not where normal healthy people spend their time. Even sightly vapid goodlooking girls who are sexually precocious would never ever be found on fetlife.com, don't make me vomit.

Ha, this is great. I think you'll find a wide range of people on that site. Judging by your views, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I'm being serious, if you are that deluded but still absolutely convinced you're right. Post your sentiments so the site can see it. Sure, you'll get people giving you unnecessary levels of vitriol, but I can guarantee you will receive plenty of messages from partners who have been together longer than ten years, and theyll probably take pleasure in making you vomit :wink:

You really do have no idea. I know that it's hard to accept, but you don't know what you're talking about here.
Original post by AperfectBalance
It doesn't matter if other people think differently, for me having a open relationship is just utterly disgusting. if my girlfriend suggested it I would leave her.

That's fair enough. I'm similar. I don't find it disgusting, just not for me.

My point was that there are a wide range of people who think differently on this earth. While you'll find unstable and dysfunctional relationships within that sphere of sexuality, there are a staggering amount of people who have great relationships. I think it's rather small minded for people to claim that those who live that lifestyle are non compos mentis or wrong for doing so.

That being said, there is a huge difference in a consenting open relationship and lies to cover it up.
What should I do? Should I give her the benefit of the doubt or whatever it is you people keep saying when someone is guilty?

LOL'd

Original post by .( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

good idea...
anyway why would she lie about somthing small like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending