Is Britain facing total isolation from the developed world?

Watch
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Britain is increasingly becoming alienated from the rest of the world.
Most British people and 70% of politicians hate Europe. Now Europe hates Britain.
Boris Johnson has just upset Saudi Arabia helping create a divide there.
Most politicians refuse to be friendly with Russia and Putin.
The US will soon have a mad man in the White House, ruining our relationship.
Australia doesn't really like Britain because they want to become a republic.

That only leaves Canada, Ireland and New Zealand as developing world countries that we can work with.
New Zealand is too far and the EU may not allow. Ireland to work with Britain in spite.

That only leaves Canada...

Hopefully a free trade association may be possible with Canada allowing freedom of movement between the two countries.
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only if you listen to yourself and read the FT.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most Europeans have always hated Britain, I have a few European friends from various places and they all say that British people are seen as stuck up and arrogant, back home. They don't even classify British people as European, they are British.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
Most Europeans have always hated Britain, I have a few European friends from various places and they all say that British people are seen as stuck up and arrogant, back home. They don't even classify British people as European, they are British.
To be fair, at one point or another we've been at war with the vast majority of Europe and one could argue have held control of the balance of power on continental Europe for centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People are always jealous of their betters.
Mistletoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One thing I've noticed about arrogant people is that they are arrogant accidentally through actually being significantly better than their competition. This is also most likely true for Britain.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
To be fair, at one point or another we've been at war with the vast majority of Europe and one could argue have held control of the balance of power on continental Europe for centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And saved their asses numerous times too

Posted from TSR Mobile
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Most British people and 70% of politicians hate Europe. Now Europe hates Britain.

That only leaves Canada, Ireland and New Zealand as developing world countries that we can work with.
New Zealand is too far and the EU may not allow. Ireland to work with Britain in spite.

Hopefully a free trade association may be possible with Canada allowing freedom of movement between the two countries.
And this was just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why do people continue to feed the troll?
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Why do people continue to feed the troll?
It can be difficult to tell the difference between a rabid remainer and a troll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
It can be difficult to tell the difference between a rabid remainer and a troll
Here's a very simple tip:

Was the thread started by Ambitious?
Then it's a troll thread.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I mean, they're not wrong.
MRNO
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just wait a few months for marine le pen to become president. The EU will collapses entirely, reduced to Germany bankrolling the poorer states in Southern and Eastern Europe and see how much the Germans love the union then. Once this happens the European nations will line up to trade with the UK.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)

Japan and the Tigers.
Australia does not want to be a republic, if it did there'd be a referendum on it.
New Zealand is not too far away in the modern age. China would be screwed if that were the case.
The US wants a trade deal, mad man or not.
Mexico loves free trade.
Canada as you mentioned.

Don't be so downbeat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads