The Student Room Group

Landscape Architecture 2017 entry

Is anyone else applying? It seems to be such a niche subject, all of my open days were so quiet!
I've only just sent off my ucas so I had to time to work on my portfolio so haven't heard back from anyone yet but I've applied to Greenwich, Gloucestershire, Birmingham City, Sheffield and Leeds Beckett.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope I'm not the only one!! I have my first interview in 2 days, I'm so nervous!
Reply 2
I applied for 4 architecture universities (sheffield, nottingham, manchester, liverpool) and 1 landscape architecture uni (sheffield). Ive gotten offers from notts and sheffield architecture degree one. Sent liverpool and manchester later than those. Still waiting to hear from the other 3 after I sent in my portfolio. good luck
Reply 3
I have applied to Sheffield and Leeds beckett Unis to study Landscape Architecture. I have an Interview for Leeds, and have been asked to submit a portfolio for Sheffield. What kind of things did you include in you're portfolios, and how did you arrange it?
Reply 4
My Sheffield portfolio. Its really up to you how you arrange it. Sheffield are were quite descriptive in what they wanted( think it was like 10-12 images or something)
-I did mine on microsoft powerpoint which i later converted to a pdf. 1st slide was my ucas number and name.
- the first 3/4 of the slides were my best art book pages in order of the ones i adored the most. This also included double spread on 3D piece i did a while back.
- the rest of the 1/4 were outcomes/ large scale portrait paintings/ life drawing stuff.
-Final page was some street task think they asked people to do. just a small paragraph and a visual interpretation of your street. I just did a pen drawing with various inks. Its not to hard. Just pick your best stuff and show a range of your skills.
Reply 5
Thank you! This was really helpful, i sent my Portfolio off and received an Offer from Sheffield! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tighty
Thank you! This was really helpful, i sent my Portfolio off and received an Offer from Sheffield! :smile:

I got an offer too! Have you got any other yet? I have Gloucestershire and BCU so far and 2 interviews next month.
Reply 7
Original post by tighty

congrats so happy for u!!
Reply 8
Anyone heard anything else yet? I got all 5 of my offers as of last night so I'm really happy!
Reply 9
Original post by aqua-rina
Anyone heard anything else yet? I got all 5 of my offers as of last night so I'm really happy!

Yes, i have all five of my offers as well! Still undecided on which uni to go too.Is anyone attending the Sheffield open day on Saturday 4th March?
Reply 10
I've got an interview for Leeds Beckett uni soon how did your interview go? 🤔
Reply 11
Original post by Ussy.H
I've got an interview for Leeds Beckett uni soon how did your interview go? 🤔

It went well,i got offered a place at Leeds Beckett. Good Luck X
Reply 12
Im going Leeds guys! I'm looking for accommodation now. Any recommendations for it?
Hi I've applied for landscape architecture and I'm still unsure where to go. I've applied to Birmingham city, Sheffield,Gloucestershire and Leeds Beckett( I applied for two courses at leeds interior and landscape architecture).
I've recieved a combination of conditional and unconditional offers.
But ultimately narrowed down my decision to Birmingham City, Sheffield or Gloucestershire
Reply 14
Wondering what everybody firmed?
Reply 15
Not long to go now, anybody else doing LA?
I've firmed Sheffield and my insurance is Edinburgh, dreading results tomorrow, I need ABB and I'm not sure if I'll make it ! I feel as as if all the classes will be empty I haven't met a single other person applying for this subject
Reply 17
Original post by rubyyy123
I've firmed Sheffield and my insurance is Edinburgh, dreading results tomorrow, I need ABB and I'm not sure if I'll make it ! I feel as as if all the classes will be empty I haven't met a single other person applying for this subject

Good luck! I think since it isn't the most high demand subject you might get accepted if you just miss your grades, but I hope for your sake you get ABB or higher!

I firmed Greenwich and I've only really spoken to international students who will be starting so far, but I guess not everyone joins Facebook groups or uses TSR.
Original post by aqua-rina
Good luck! I think since it isn't the most high demand subject you might get accepted if you just miss your grades, but I hope for your sake you get ABB or higher!

I firmed Greenwich and I've only really spoken to international students who will be starting so far, but I guess not everyone joins Facebook groups or uses TSR.

I had an unconditional from Greenwich but turned it down as I'm from the area and wanted to move out of London, it's a brilliant campus space with such lovely staff! What grades do you need? I'm hoping for good good results to apply to Sheffield's Architecture and Landscape course
Reply 19
Original post by rubyyy123
I had an unconditional from Greenwich but turned it down as I'm from the area and wanted to move out of London, it's a brilliant campus space with such lovely staff! What grades do you need? I'm hoping for good good results to apply to Sheffield's Architecture and Landscape course

I got an unconditional too, but it was my first choice since October so I was happy to firm it! I think they must have given them to most people by the sounds of it!
What made you choose Sheffield? I didn't apply to Edinburgh so I can't really compare the 2, but it was between Gloucestershire and Sheffield for my second choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending