How would I tell my form tutor that I don't want to come into school anymore Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Like last year I was in such dark place and I wrote a story on it which made my form tutor who I am very close to (she is more of a mother figure to me than my actual my Mum!!!!) cry when she read it. I had got better and was more happy but now I am going back to the place I was and I want to tell her because I know it will help me but I don't have the guts to tell her because I am scared of disappointing her. :confused::confused:
Tols
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe write your feelings down again BC it takes away the intimidation
FreedomTower
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't. Just fake your death........

.......Or the better solution would be to ask to sit down with them and discuss your issues with them and work out how to best resolve them.
Teenaging
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tols)
Maybe write your feelings down again BC it takes away the intimidation
I agree, it can take away the intimidation.
Tell your tutor.
FreedomTower
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish any of the teachers at my school had felt like a mother or father figure to me as I felt like I would have learnt better due to not having to try and hide the issues that were getting in the way of me reaching my full potential! :sad:
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like last year I was in such dark place and I wrote a story on it which made my form tutor who I am very close to (she is more of a mother figure to me than my actual my Mum!!!!) cry when she read it. I had got better and was more happy but now I am going back to the place I was and I want to tell her because I know it will help me but I don't have the guts to tell her because I am scared of disappointing her. :confused::confused:
Just show her your post.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I wrote my head of year a super long email which explained stuff going on! If you can express yourself through writing I would deffo try that! I didn't leave school in the end but it was very beneficial for the conversations to happen and my school was really supportive!
DabThruUni
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's always quite difficult to tell someone when you're in a dark place. Tbh even if your tutor knew, she wouldn't be allowed to say "okay you go ahead and take time off school". She'd get you a counsellor or something. Thats what happened to me when i stopped going into college during ALevels. They started chasing me up and i told them i was dealing with some **** in my head. I gave 'em a doctors note and managed to get some time off. They kept asking me to see a counsellor which I didn't do coz I don't like talking about stuff. But if counselling helps for you, go do that. And if you really don't wanna go school, get a doctors note. Don't let it affect your education tho. You gotta try to keep up the work while you're at home.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try writing something again and giving it to her. Wouldn't she be more likely to be disappointed if you hid it from her and just got worse? :hugs:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Try writing something again and giving it to her. Wouldn't she be more likely to be disappointed if you hid it from her and just got worse? :hugs:
I would do that but I just don't know how to write it!! She would be disappointed but she knows that I find it difficult so would probably understand why I struggled to tell her! :afraid:
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would do that but I just don't know how to write it!! She would be disappointed but she knows that I find it difficult so would probably understand why I struggled to tell her! :afraid:
Write it as if you're writing to yourself, or to a bunch of strangers like us. Just write what you feel, and what you think you want to happen. I find it easier to write in short sentences, and begin by making a statement then elaborating on it. For example, 'I think I'm going downhill again. I feel like ---. I'm scared about ---. etc
Anonymous #1
I wrote it down but then got my friend to tell her so I didn't have to be there when she found out. My form tutor said to my friend that she would talk to me but then that makes me nervous because I then have to fess up!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (21)
38.18%
No I don't (23)
41.82%
I work during the holidays (11)
20%

Watched Threads