Advice on the nature of studying Psychology at Uni!

Watch this thread
Tiff!
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I would just like to ask students who have studied/are studying a BSc in Psychology at Uni and any advice/help you may give to me as I'm interested in pursuing a career into Clinical Psychology after Undergraduate level.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I studied psych at UCL and now am doing my masters in clinical psychology if you have any specific questions?
Tiff!
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
I studied psych at UCL and now am doing my masters in clinical psychology if you have any specific questions?
Ohh ok, what modules did you study?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tiff!)
Ohh ok, what modules did you study?
Too many to tell you, but look on the website for a list of them.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tiff!)
Hi, I would just like to ask students who have studied/are studying a BSc in Psychology at Uni and any advice/help you may give to me as I'm interested in pursuing a career into Clinical Psychology after Undergraduate level.
Hi,

I am a third year Psychology student at Bath. Although I am not particularly knowledgeable about the route into Clinical Psychology, there is a great section on the British Psychological Society website, which has loads of information about careers in Clincial Psychology.

Beth
RJParker
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'd recommend starting with reading the clearing house for clinical psychology applications (this is where you would apply via for entry to a UK clinical psychology programme) at http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/index.html

You can apply to 4 programmes each year so you would need to think about which ones you'd prefer. There are differences in the approaches of the different programmes both in terms of how they select people for their programmes (it is VERY competitive) and how they train people. Check out individual websites and the alternative handbook from the BPS may help at https://www.bps.org.uk/system/files/...dbook_2016.pdf

Some people will tell you that you need lots of clinical experience or a certain number of years of x, y or z. While some programmes do approach selection in this traditional way, this is not the case for all of them. While you may want to go and get some experience before choosing to apply, this is not necessarily a requirement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.72%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.81%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.21%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
17.12%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (26)
23.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed