The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey! im moving to glasgow on the 14th of sept (the friday before freshers). . .im happily up to meet. . .the more people i meet the better! is anyone else going to be around on the 14th/ . . .we can have a pre-fresher, pre-reg, (pre)piss-up. lol.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
i shall be there/here. whatever. anyway...the more the merrier :biggrin:

oooh....go to the QM ceilidh on the saturday, lucy. twas amazing last year :biggrin:
Reply 3
hmmm I'm not moving up to Glasgow until the 22nd because I'm going to strathy but I'd be happy to meet with people sometime :smile:
Reply 4
I'm happy to meet more folks, count me in :smile: And although I haven't moved into Glasgow yet, I'm close enough to come in.
Reply 5
I wonder if this will be as successful as the last one...
Reply 6
I'll be around on the 14th!
Reply 7
Axiom

does this suggest it wasnt very successful? :biggrin: lol
Reply 8
Axiom

Shush :p: This one will be successful. It will actually happen :biggrin:

Can I count you in then, Axiom? Yes? Fab :p:
Reply 9
NathanM
Can I count you in then, Axiom? Yes? Fab :p:

Perhaps, if I'm present and available whenever the meet may be. Stay posted!
Reply 10
Count me in. I live in Glasgow so I can make it anytime. Keep me post!

Mon the TSR freshers' punters!

Haha I just realised Sammi22 has posted in this thread agreeing to come! Which means I've already met a fraction of the people who'll be there :wink:!

Grand!
Count me in as a "perhaps" too. It's always good to meet new people! I'm moving in on the 15th.
im there! i move from guernsey to bellshill on the 11th and then into halls at paisley on the 14th! in the mean time i will be out in the pubs with my cousens and of course buying saucepans and plates and stuff!

just let me know where and when people are going and we will be there im sure! plus one of my cousens is already a glasgow uni student, so perhaps he can let us know what we are in for!
i would like to come to this however i have no where to stay as im not living in halls im commuting every day and a taxi home would cost me about £40, if we did something early eve id be in that way i could catch the last train home maybe. Also depends on work too being a sat and all but count me as a perhaps :biggrin:
xx
Reply 14
malibulucy
i would like to come to this however i have no where to stay as im not living in halls im commuting every day and a taxi home would cost me about £40, if we did something early eve id be in that way i could catch the last train home maybe. Also depends on work too being a sat and all but count me as a perhaps :biggrin:
xx

I'll let you stay at my house XD!
Mush
I'll let you stay at my house XD!

why thank you mush i will bear that in mind if i end up comming, :smile: do love a random sleepover at a randoms house every so often (not that you are random only i have never met you and so you automatically fall into that category! :biggrin:) i have a feeling i will be working though so that may just decide everythin right there

xx
Reply 16
malibulucy
why thank you mush i will bear that in mind if i end up comming, :smile: do love a random sleepover at a randoms house every so often (not that you are random only i have never met you and so you automatically fall into that category! :biggrin:) i have a feeling i will be working though so that may just decide everythin right there

xx

Ohwell. It's a genuine offer likes =]. I'm not a murderer...

Think of it as a free hotel.

Shame you can't make it due to work =[. Wait... has a day been arranged ?
Reply 17
You wouldn't take Mush up on his offer if you knew where he lived. :biggrin:

Ive only got a few posts but I'm up for any meet as long as im not working.
lol no no day has been arranged but the fact i am working 6 days this week narrows the odds slightly as to whether id be free :biggrin: trying to save those lovely little pennies for when i can only work weekends :frown: which will also suck!
As long as you are not in the ghetto i would have stayed had i been able to come, slightly scared of the neds though so any ghetto action and id have been away!
Ive no idea where Easterhouse is and i gather that maybe a good thing if it is infamous! i intend to keep it that way :smile:
My knowledge of glasgow is limited to the railway stations, buchanan st and sauchiehall st along with the brahead arena and the airport! I can get to and from cale safely so im all set for next week :smile:
but thank you for the offer all the same
xx
Reply 19
Sorry to be offtopic, but I notice a couple of people posting in thsi thread that already live in Glasgow. I am moving in on teh 15th and really want to go to a gig on the 16th at teh cathouse. Can any of you advise a bus service or something that will run late on the Sunday and will link somewhere central with Murano street or at least a stop with a safe walk to Murano? Cheers for the help.

Latest

Trending

Trending