Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day 2004: Results Discussion Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    AVCE ICT 18 units : AB

ReputationRep:
    Congrats and good luck to everyone getting results today !

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAAa!!!
    A grades in Spanish, Biology, and English A-level and A in AS Economics

So shocked, I honestly honestly was, just didn't know what to expect!!!

My spanish UMS mark was 482/600, i.e. 2 marks over the A boundary (80.3%) !!! So close!!

ReputationRep:
    undefined
    Yo Well Done to all that have got their results and done alright. I big SHOUT OUT to my main home-boys Moazzam and Hussein who recieved all A's. CONGRATS!!! I myself got the 3rd highest in the school and had my picture taken for a couple of newspapers. I got 3 B's and am going to QM Uni.
    Yo Rohit, Good grades. We've done about the same throughout life anyway. Kool.
    Chat 2 U All L8r Homes.
    C Ya All in UNI LIF£. Peace Out.
    All Da Best.
    Have a nice life.................
    Umer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit ashamed to post my results as it's the lowest here but whatever I'm really happy with them,as we were the experimental mouses at my school,anyway here are the results
    Arabic As ---A
    Physics AS---B
    Chemistry As---C
    and the big shock is because our teacher wasn't good enough and I've never taken any privite toutering or any studying council
    Math As -----E :mad: arrrrgh
    anyway I really thank god for this,My finger was shaking while I was reading the marks
    I think I may resit math as I should've got a higher mark if my teacher was good,everybody got Ds,andEs,and even Us,so the problem is definitly not with the students.
    My big bro dreamed that I've got Us in all so he was shocked with the marks

(Original post by habosh)
    I'm a bit ashamed to post my results as it's the lowest here but whatever I'm really happy with them,as we were the experimental mouses at my school,anyway here are the results
    Arabic As ---A
    Physics AS---B
    Chemistry As---C
    and the big shock is because our teacher wasn't good enough and I've never taken any privite toutering or any studying council
    Math As -----E :mad: arrrrgh
    anyway I really thank god for this,My finger was shaking while I was reading the marks
    I think I may resit math as I should've got a higher mark if my teacher was good,everybody got Ds,andEs,and even Us,so the problem is definitly not with the students.
    My big bro dreamed that I've got Us in all so he was shocked with the marks
    Don't be ashamed to post those, they're good marks, well done. They're not the worst ones that have been posted, either.

Bar maths they were all excellent, but even an E in maths is good because it's such a hard subject, especially if you have poor teaching, which you say was the case. Good luck when you resit it. Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    WELL DONE to EVERYONE! you've all got good marks!

I'm really happy that i got A's in Chem(517/600) and Physics(527/600) but i am amazed and in shock about my Art result! I got full marks for all my A2 units! how did i manage that? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i really am ashamed of my a/s results, but what makes me feel this is my mom. i got
    A ICT
    B Biology (2 a's and a D in one unit)
    C chem
    C maths (p1=a DnD1=a, Mechanics1=U)
    she hasnt stoped shouting yet, and she wont, she says i shouldnt b watching tv, thinking about how i look or going out.
    im really distraught at this, i know my results could be better, but theyre not THAT bad are they?
    i really dont think that i will be able to live happily like this.

(Original post by littleone)
    i really am ashamed of my a/s results, but what makes me feel this is my mom. i got
    A ICT
    C chem
    she hasnt stoped shouting yet, and she wont, she says i shouldnt b watching tv, thinking about how i look or going out.
    im really distraught at this, i know my results could be better, but theyre not THAT bad are they?
    What? Thos eare good results, even if you could have done better don't let your mum get you down, they're fine; you could get into some good unis with that!

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    I got full marks for all my A2 units! how did i manage that?
    Bloody hell, well done! The other results were good as well.

ReputationRep:
    its difficult to do that. shes comparing me to evryone we know, and she says that im adding to her stress which is making her health worse,(she has quite bad rehumatoid arthritis). i really dont know what i should do. i also wat to drop maths, but she says an education is nothing without maths. now i know waht im capable of and what im not. why cant she just be happy for me and support me? she says shes not discussing my grades with others as they will bring her name down
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Right, well I got for AS:
    Geography A
    Chemistry B (but 2 marks off an A which is a tad annoying but wow i thought i'd get a C)
    Biology C I am shocked by this really. I didn't expect a C, i don't even know what module let me down because edexcel is stupid!! I'm 4 away from a B which isnt good but i thought the exam was really easy. Oh well, thatll have to be retook!
    Oh and just for the sake of it i got a C in General Studies (there was thinking i'd get a max of a D :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    A ICT
    C chem
    awww *hugs*
    i'm sorry that your mum makes you feel like that, but don't be ashamed! those are really good results! plus they're only AS results, so you can retake modules if you need to. as long as you know you did your best, thats all that matters! you've done really well!

ReputationRep:
    MAN,your grades are v.good,believe it or not my mom was glad about the E,hahah,smart me I made her believe that I'm going to get a U not that I wasn't sure,but anyway she is going to buy me a new cell phone as I passed math*LOL* and she says that nothing matter in As/Ig becuase you can always do a resit

and swing thanx alot,you lift my spirit up

ReputationRep:
    its difficult to do that. shes comparing me to evryone we know, and she says that im adding to her stress which is making her health worse,(she has quite bad rehumatoid arthritis). i really dont know what i should do. i also wat to drop maths, but she says an education is nothing without maths. now i know waht im capable of and what im not. why cant she just be happy for me and support me? she says shes not discussing my grades with others as they will bring her name down
    xx
    pah who needs maths? i dropped it hated it! its ridiculous to assume that eveyone can do maths. maybe its just not your thing! it wasn't my thing

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for KCL to phone me back and see whether I have been accepted or released for Mathematics. Also, other universities such as UCL will refuse to talk with me any further unless I have been released by KCL. By the time KCL reply back, and God knows when, all the good courses will have been taken up. This is why I'm so ****ing pissed off at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    thanks sooo much for ur support guys, i dont think i could get throgh this time with out u
    xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I'm still waiting for KCL to phone me back and see whether I have been accepted or released for Mathematics. Also, other universities such as UCL will refuse to talk with me any further unless I have been released by KCL. By the time KCL reply back, and God knows when, all the good courses will have been taken up. This is why I'm so ****ing pissed off at the moment.
    Join the club. I missed out on place at Imperial College by two marks - I've phoned them , and they say they're going to make their mind up by tomorrow afternoon. Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 85ah11)
    Join the club. I missed out on place at Imperial College by two marks - I've phoned them , and they say they're going to make their mind up by tomorrow afternoon. Great.
    It's been nearly 3 hours now. Do you think I should phone up again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    It's been nearly 3 hours now. Do you think I should phone up again?
    Yeah , before some oter guy in your situation beats you to it . It would help the Uni decide if they see you are so desperate to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    Yeah , before some oter guy in your situation beats you to it . It would help the Uni decide if they see you are so desperate to get in
    I agree,though I'd hate to suck up for people,but well better than regretting the 3 marks your whole life,gooo for it
    and u infekt congrats, for your marks they are great,

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.