Turn on thread page Beta

Results Day 2004: Results Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I agree,though I'd hate to suck up for people,but well better than regretting the 3 marks your whole life,gooo for it
    and u infekt congrats, for your marks they are great,
    I missed an A in chem by jus a few marks , simply because i was studying maths instead of chemistry that day . Oh well i got an A in pure Math

Ill resit a module in chem and hopefully get an A by Jan

ReputationRep:
    For bloody ****ing sakes, all they can provide me with is an e-mail to some guy at the Mathematics department. The woman on the phone said herself it was unlikely I would be accepted with a C in Mathematics so I'm wondering what is taking so long to make the decision to release me. I wish UCL weren't so picky about whether you had been released or not as well because it's unlikely I will get into KCL anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I agree about Edexcel. I got:

French A
    Maths A
    Music A
    German B

Except that German was the one I was completely confident about an A in - I got an A in the reading+writing module, a really good A in the Speaking, and a mid C in the listening. The thing is, during the exam you have to do 2 8 mark questions. On one of them, I made a real mess, so I rewrote it below and crossed out the mess, and wrote a note on the side explaining. So I'm getting it remarked, and hopefully if it is cos of that, an extra 6 or 8 marks will bring it up to a high B or an A so an A overall. I only need another 4 marks to make it an A!

But at least this is just AS results and I can always resit the listening paper in January if the worst comes to the worst! I really want to do German and Music at Uni so I need my A!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have had a reply via e-mail and they have confirmed that with my grades, they won't let me in for Maths. However, they said they would be able to offer me a place for G400 BSc Computer Science. Hmm......sounds interesting but I don't think employment rates are that good anymore with it. Either this or Italian and Linguistics at UCL. Hmm......decisions decision decisions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    I missed an A in chem by jus a few marks , simply because i was studying maths instead of chemistry that day . Oh well i got an A in pure Math

Ill resit a module in chem and hopefully get an A by Jan
    Me 2,I've got a C and expected aB,idiots all because of these idiotic practical exams
    math lucky you,I want to resit it,cause I deserve much better,DO YOU HEAR ME EDEXEL(not even bothered to check the spelling),

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Well done to everyone who's done so well.
    I got:

Latin A (529/600)
    French B (463/600)
    English A (481/600)
    Music B (454/600)

I'm quite pleased apart from French where I should have got an A. But it's all over now and I'm pretty chuffed and I got into Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

If you do a retake and get a lower mark, will they use this mark above your higher mark?
    Well, this appears to have happened to me. The markers have got to be having a laugh also, my essays on this paper (Eng Lit) were so much better than last years, yet I lose 20 marks?

W.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Hey,

If you do a retake and get a lower mark, will they use this mark above your higher mark?
    Well, this appears to have happened to me. The markers have got to be having a laugh also, my essays on this paper (Eng Lit) were so much better than last years, yet I lose 20 marks?

W.
    no they will use the better mark on your official results certificate.

they look at the last 2 results and use the better one.

ReputationRep:
    just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with chemistry and physics over the last few months esp those who posted past papers and markschemes!! i cant remember all the names, there were so many who helped, so THANK YOU
    to
    Elpaw
    Keisiuho
    S1M
    Hoofbeat
    Mik1a
    Nylex
    Mysticmin
    G_S
    crana
    and anyone else i've forgotten!

As I have said on the other thread I would like to thank all those who have helped me over the past year, mainly I would like to say a huge thankyou to Nylex, Elpaw, theone, fishpaste, lou, Chicken, Dave, all the mod team In particular I would like to thank PQ for eveything she has done for me personally, nobody else has been a greater source of information and guidance to me and I'd like to think that she will continue to be a leading figure on this board long and have the same kind of life altering role for many other students in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Very pleased with the five As

Maths - A
    Further Maths - A
    Physics - A
    Business Studies - A
    ICT - A
    AEA Maths - Merit
    STEP II - 3
    STEP III - 2

off to imperial for maths and computing MSci

ReputationRep:
    excellent results-I'll be seeing you at Imperial then!

(Original post by Pencil Queen)

Congrats on the results...I feel like a right divvy now surrounded by all these AAAers
    They are little bits of paper with letter printed on them, being the wonderful person you are is much more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    As I have said on the other thread I would like to thank all those who have helped me over the past year, mainly I would like to say a huge thankyou to Nylex, Elpaw, theone, fishpaste, lou, Chicken, Dave, all the mod team In particular I would like to thank PQ for eveything she has done for me personally, nobody else has been a greater source of information and guidance to me and I'd like to think that she will continue to be a leading figure on this board long and have the same kind of life altering role for many other students in the future.
    3 cheers for Pencil Queen, the queen of university knowledgeness.
    HIP HIP....Hoooray
    HIP HIP....Hoooray
    HIP HIP....Hoooray

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised by my resultes. I achieved a noble 600/600 in, ahem... General Studies! I didn't do any work for it, and actively tried to rip the piss on the papers. I wrote an essay in the politics outlining why Europe should begin arming for "the mighty wars that are to come" against America, and drew a picture of a drunken tramp on my science paper.

I'm tempted to get the papers back to see how on earth I did it! Surely this disqualifies it as anything serious?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Werther)
    I'm quite surprised by my resultes. I achieved a noble 600/600 in, ahem... General Studies! I didn't do any work for it, and actively tried to rip the piss on the papers. I wrote an essay in the politics outlining why Europe should begin arming for "the mighty wars that are to come" against America, and drew a picture of a drunken tramp on my science paper.

I'm tempted to get the papers back to see how on earth I did it! Surely this disqualifies it as anything serious?!
    I wrote absolute rubbish for my 6 general studies essays, I included the phrase "only smarites have the answer" over 20 times in total in all the essays and completely ripped the piss.....I got a C! I was gutted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got 300/300 for English Lit!!!!!! (+3 other As and a B)

Anyone else do really badly on the module "dynamics of change" on the AQA geography exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    In my school, people who got AAAA, tended to get a B in General Studies. People did worse in this than in any other subject in my school.
    Seriously? Most people I spoke to got As in GS, even though not all getting AAA(A) at A2. But I was NOT expecting this mark, as I didn't care (it wasn't in either of my offers), and I think it's unfair on anyone who actually put effort in.

Maybe I just write well, and thus seduce the examiners... (I did define 'vibrant' in the Science A2 paper as "my prose style"... I thought they should take at least 40 points off for sheer arrogance!).

ReputationRep:
    well i felt that i was gonna do better then i did.

I got a c in my exam but a b over all the course (as it health and social care)

as it mondule a as in all the course work but in my exams i seem to do badley. as i got another yr for this course is there anything i ca do to improve my exam results as everything i do seem to not work

thanks for listen

anne-marie

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone for getting their grades!

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.