Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I agree,though I'd hate to suck up for people,but well better than regretting the 3 marks your whole life,gooo for it
    and u infekt congrats, for your marks they are great,
    I missed an A in chem by jus a few marks , simply because i was studying maths instead of chemistry that day . Oh well i got an A in pure Math

Ill resit a module in chem and hopefully get an A by Jan

ReputationRep:
    For bloody ****ing sakes, all they can provide me with is an e-mail to some guy at the Mathematics department. The woman on the phone said herself it was unlikely I would be accepted with a C in Mathematics so I'm wondering what is taking so long to make the decision to release me. I wish UCL weren't so picky about whether you had been released or not as well because it's unlikely I will get into KCL anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I agree about Edexcel. I got:

French A
    Maths A
    Music A
    German B

Except that German was the one I was completely confident about an A in - I got an A in the reading+writing module, a really good A in the Speaking, and a mid C in the listening. The thing is, during the exam you have to do 2 8 mark questions. On one of them, I made a real mess, so I rewrote it below and crossed out the mess, and wrote a note on the side explaining. So I'm getting it remarked, and hopefully if it is cos of that, an extra 6 or 8 marks will bring it up to a high B or an A so an A overall. I only need another 4 marks to make it an A!

But at least this is just AS results and I can always resit the listening paper in January if the worst comes to the worst! I really want to do German and Music at Uni so I need my A!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have had a reply via e-mail and they have confirmed that with my grades, they won't let me in for Maths. However, they said they would be able to offer me a place for G400 BSc Computer Science. Hmm......sounds interesting but I don't think employment rates are that good anymore with it. Either this or Italian and Linguistics at UCL. Hmm......decisions decision decisions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    I missed an A in chem by jus a few marks , simply because i was studying maths instead of chemistry that day . Oh well i got an A in pure Math

Ill resit a module in chem and hopefully get an A by Jan
    Me 2,I've got a C and expected aB,idiots all because of these idiotic practical exams
    math lucky you,I want to resit it,cause I deserve much better,DO YOU HEAR ME EDEXEL(not even bothered to check the spelling),

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Well done to everyone who's done so well.
    I got:

Latin A (529/600)
    French B (463/600)
    English A (481/600)
    Music B (454/600)

I'm quite pleased apart from French where I should have got an A. But it's all over now and I'm pretty chuffed and I got into Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

If you do a retake and get a lower mark, will they use this mark above your higher mark?
    Well, this appears to have happened to me. The markers have got to be having a laugh also, my essays on this paper (Eng Lit) were so much better than last years, yet I lose 20 marks?

W.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Hey,

If you do a retake and get a lower mark, will they use this mark above your higher mark?
    Well, this appears to have happened to me. The markers have got to be having a laugh also, my essays on this paper (Eng Lit) were so much better than last years, yet I lose 20 marks?

W.
    no they will use the better mark on your official results certificate.

they look at the last 2 results and use the better one.

ReputationRep:
    just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with chemistry and physics over the last few months esp those who posted past papers and markschemes!! i cant remember all the names, there were so many who helped, so THANK YOU
    to
    Elpaw
    Keisiuho
    S1M
    Hoofbeat
    Mik1a
    Nylex
    Mysticmin
    G_S
    crana
    and anyone else i've forgotten!

As I have said on the other thread I would like to thank all those who have helped me over the past year, mainly I would like to say a huge thankyou to Nylex, Elpaw, theone, fishpaste, lou, Chicken, Dave, all the mod team In particular I would like to thank PQ for eveything she has done for me personally, nobody else has been a greater source of information and guidance to me and I'd like to think that she will continue to be a leading figure on this board long and have the same kind of life altering role for many other students in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Very pleased with the five As

Maths - A
    Further Maths - A
    Physics - A
    Business Studies - A
    ICT - A
    AEA Maths - Merit
    STEP II - 3
    STEP III - 2

off to imperial for maths and computing MSci

ReputationRep:
    excellent results-I'll be seeing you at Imperial then!

(Original post by Pencil Queen)

Congrats on the results...I feel like a right divvy now surrounded by all these AAAers
    They are little bits of paper with letter printed on them, being the wonderful person you are is much more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    As I have said on the other thread I would like to thank all those who have helped me over the past year, mainly I would like to say a huge thankyou to Nylex, Elpaw, theone, fishpaste, lou, Chicken, Dave, all the mod team In particular I would like to thank PQ for eveything she has done for me personally, nobody else has been a greater source of information and guidance to me and I'd like to think that she will continue to be a leading figure on this board long and have the same kind of life altering role for many other students in the future.
    3 cheers for Pencil Queen, the queen of university knowledgeness.
    HIP HIP....Hoooray
    HIP HIP....Hoooray
    HIP HIP....Hoooray

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surprised by my resultes. I achieved a noble 600/600 in, ahem... General Studies! I didn't do any work for it, and actively tried to rip the piss on the papers. I wrote an essay in the politics outlining why Europe should begin arming for "the mighty wars that are to come" against America, and drew a picture of a drunken tramp on my science paper.

I'm tempted to get the papers back to see how on earth I did it! Surely this disqualifies it as anything serious?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Werther)
    I'm quite surprised by my resultes. I achieved a noble 600/600 in, ahem... General Studies! I didn't do any work for it, and actively tried to rip the piss on the papers. I wrote an essay in the politics outlining why Europe should begin arming for "the mighty wars that are to come" against America, and drew a picture of a drunken tramp on my science paper.

I'm tempted to get the papers back to see how on earth I did it! Surely this disqualifies it as anything serious?!
    I wrote absolute rubbish for my 6 general studies essays, I included the phrase "only smarites have the answer" over 20 times in total in all the essays and completely ripped the piss.....I got a C! I was gutted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got 300/300 for English Lit!!!!!! (+3 other As and a B)

Anyone else do really badly on the module "dynamics of change" on the AQA geography exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    In my school, people who got AAAA, tended to get a B in General Studies. People did worse in this than in any other subject in my school.
    Seriously? Most people I spoke to got As in GS, even though not all getting AAA(A) at A2. But I was NOT expecting this mark, as I didn't care (it wasn't in either of my offers), and I think it's unfair on anyone who actually put effort in.

Maybe I just write well, and thus seduce the examiners... (I did define 'vibrant' in the Science A2 paper as "my prose style"... I thought they should take at least 40 points off for sheer arrogance!).

ReputationRep:
    well i felt that i was gonna do better then i did.

I got a c in my exam but a b over all the course (as it health and social care)

as it mondule a as in all the course work but in my exams i seem to do badley. as i got another yr for this course is there anything i ca do to improve my exam results as everything i do seem to not work

thanks for listen

anne-marie

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone for getting their grades!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.