The Student Room Group

mixed signals or has he lost interest?

I met this guy and we kissed, we would speak constantly and he made it clear he liked me, but suddenly it was me making all the effort to speak, i tried to invite him out with me and my friends and he'd often say yes then end up saying he has to do work. he will pop up on snapchat but i guess he sends it to everyone on his list, and sometimes he will completely blank my messages and i feel quite stupid.

he's quite reserved with girls so I'm unsure if he's not bothered anymore or if i should keep trying
Reply 1
How did he make it clear that he liked you? Are you sure he liked you in the first place? It's possible that the change in actions meant he lost interest. No point trying if he has no interest in you tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
How did he make it clear that he liked you? Are you sure he liked you in the first place? It's possible that the change in actions meant he lost interest. No point trying if he has no interest in you tbh.

he outright told me a few times, wanted to take me on a date etc. but I'm unsure where i went wrong if he lost interest! also recently bumped into him and he said how we should plan something once work is out the way but yeah never happened
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
he outright told me a few times, wanted to take me on a date etc. but I'm unsure where i went wrong if he lost interest! also recently bumped into him and he said how we should plan something once work is out the way but yeah never happened

Did you agree to go on a date with him?

Move on. he says one think and does another. He sounds lazy and flakey. You cna do better. If hes not living up to his promises early on then think how quick that will wear off.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Did you agree to go on a date with him?

i did initially but then cancelled because i thought he wasn't ready to date (after bad relationship which was recently) so i said i think we should give it some time, and he was happy with that and we went out recently with our friends and he seemed off with me but then said he was still interested in me so I'm just unsure. i do really like him for some reason, despite being blanked frequently
Reply 6
i did initially but then cancelled because i thought he wasn't ready to date (after bad relationship which was recently) so i said i think we should give it some time, and he was happy with that and we went out recently with our friends and he seemed off with me but then said he was still interested in me so I'm just unsure. i do really like him for some reason, despite being blanked frequently

Yeah bad move on your part, he probably saw that as a sign of you not being interested. Time to move on now and learn from the experience.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Yeah bad move on your part, he probably saw that as a sign of you not being interested. Time to move on now and learn from the experience.

i have made it clear since then that i was still interested, and he claimed he was too so if thats the case why just give up
I met this guy and we kissed, we would speak constantly and he made it clear he liked me, but suddenly it was me making all the effort to speak, i tried to invite him out with me and my friends and he'd often say yes then end up saying he has to do work. he will pop up on snapchat but i guess he sends it to everyone on his list, and sometimes he will completely blank my messages and i feel quite stupid.

he's quite reserved with girls so I'm unsure if he's not bothered anymore or if i should keep trying

See, if that guy was me, I'd be quite happy to give you another shot at it, just because I hate making mistakes similar to yours as I've made way too many of them in the past two years, with one even costing my dearly financially. :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by FreedomTower
See, if that guy was me, I'd be quite happy to give you another shot at it, just because I hate making mistakes similar to yours as I've made way too many of them in the past two years, with one even costing my dearly financially. :colondollar:

thats why I'm so lost cos he has said a lot of stuff to me that showed how interested he was, so i don't know if its just his personality where he's quite shy and reserved or if he's genuinely busy and I'm overthinking or if i should stop trying haha
thats why I'm so lost cos he has said a lot of stuff to me that showed how interested he was, so i don't know if its just his personality where he's quite shy and reserved or if he's genuinely busy and I'm overthinking or if i should stop trying haha

Sounds to me like he took that cancelled date as a sign as you not being interested in him.
Original post by Rock Fan
Sounds to me like he took that cancelled date as a sign as you not being interested in him.

**** sake, so i can't recover from it? i pretty much asked him on a date since!!!
**** sake, so i can't recover from it? i pretty much asked him on a date since!!!

Why did you cancel in the first place, maybe he is doing because you did it to him. In any case playing games all round is not gonna help, you both need to be up front and honest with each other.
Original post by Rock Fan
Why did you cancel in the first place, maybe he is doing because you did it to him. In any case playing games all round is not gonna help, you both need to be up front and honest with each other.

i would ask but I'm actually too scared that he won't reply hahaha, he laughed about being **** buddies once, i offered it one night but he was doing work again
i would ask but I'm actually too scared that he won't reply hahaha, he laughed about being **** buddies once, i offered it one night but he was doing work again

If you don't ask you will never know, least if he says no then you will know for sure, but if you don't tell him then chances are you lose him anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest