Turn on thread page Beta

The George Bush bashing thread. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How stupid can this guy get?

Here's a good one I heard about him:

Did you hear about the White House on the Radio this morning?....The Library was burning down, it just caught fire! The Brigades rushed there as fast as they could, but too late to save the only two books in it, which were engulfed by flames. George Bush himself was particularly upset; because the second book......he hadn't finshed colouring in yet.

(This might not even be far off the truth, if it ever did happen).

He is possibly the most annoying individual ever to grace the planet. Not only is he horribly inarticulate ("all I know is these are BAD PEOPLE"....Wow, I'm speechless with admiration. Not.), but he also seems to take an almost absurd pleasure in manifesting his severe lack of brain cells(who could possiblty forget the pretzel incident?). What do US citizens think of him? I've heard he stands a pretty good chance of winning this next election, but this is a chance to get rid of him!!!...

Whilst his primitive behaviour might provide us Brits with some mild entertainment, I really don't think it's in anybody's interests to have the world's biggest superpower run by possibly the most spectacularly imbecilic excuse-for-politician ever to land himself in the White House. I have to agree with Micheal Moore in 'Stupid White Men' (an excellent read...). Admittedly, Tony Blair isn't exactly the bees knees, but he has at least some semblance of competency.

ReputationRep:
    cool site

Those who say people attack that chimp in the White House but not the USA are so wrong. I for one detest the USA - it's the most decadent country on earth, the most serious threat to Western civilisation. Remember: the chimp is the product of the USA.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but so are so many talented people as well

ReputationRep:
    It seems rather aimless to make personal attacks on GWB. If he is this lecherous fool most seem to make him out to be, it would seem most of what you hold him accountable for would not actually be his doing.

Rather, why not criticise the puppetry at hand in the US administration? Or better still, criticise on his own grounds (i.e. politically).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Those who say people attack that chimp in the White House but not the USA are so wrong. I for one detest the USA - it's the most decadent country on earth, the most serious threat to Western civilisation. Remember: the chimp is the product of the USA.
    agree with you on some levels.

but not all. a lot of people out there are a lot like us brits!

but i dont like the minortiy of americans because I believe they're racists.

ReputationRep:
    anything michael moore says has to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, he annoys me almost as much as any of the politicians

ReputationRep:
    While it's worrying that a man of such seemingly meager intelligence should be in charge of the most powerful country in the world, it isn't really fair to blame him entirely. This is the same country where the star of Terminator can become governor of California.

Its because of this sort of thing that Europeans often seem to look down on America. Would this happen in the UK? Not a chance in hell.

ReputationRep:
    what about people like jeffrey archer gaining status over here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    what about people like jeffrey archer gaining status over here?
    I wouldn't say he had any particular status, the word "disgraced" seems to proceed his name every time I see it, and he'd just got out of prison last I heard of him.

ReputationRep:
    well he was a politician

ReputationRep:
    england is really not much better (or worse) than the US in this respect

and england, in my opinion, is a lot more racist than america in general

ReputationRep:
    well he was a politician
    Yes, one of the youngest members of the house of commons infact, but then he then lost all his money and dropped out of politics, wrote a book about it, later went back into politics, then more recently ended up in prison. It's hardly comperable to going from being a movie star to govenor of california!

ReputationRep:
    yes, but it shows that we don't always elect the best candidates who are out for the good of the country

ReputationRep:
    and i'm saying he was a politician to explain what i meant by his "status"

ReputationRep:
    what is so wrong about electing a movie star anyway? its not the first time is happened - ronald reagan was president

ReputationRep:
    the governer is a public figurehead, why not choose someone already well-liked/known?

ReputationRep:
    yes, but it shows that we don't always elect the best candidates who are out for the good of the country
    Not really. He started in politics in 1967 and was convicted of perjury nearly 35 years later.

ReputationRep:
    he was still a ****** back then, like the bnp candidates who win seats as well, hardly a good reflection on our voting

ReputationRep:
    what is so wrong about electing a movie star anyway? its not the first time is happened - ronald reagan was president
    In America. It simply wouldn't happen here.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.