Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just been bought a shiny new 26" flat screen tv by my folks for uni. Now I'm panicking that it may be too big for the desk in my room. Can anyone shed any light on this?

ReputationRep:
    That's nice of them.

It should be fine as long as when you say flatscreen you actually mean it is thin too, in which case it will be fine for the desk in your room but you can forget about mounting it on the wall.

One of my mates in Rees had a 32" HD TV in his room which was quality for playing the 360 on. One evening I jokingly made a comment saying that people must have been shocked seeing him carry that when he moved in and he probably has the biggest TV in there, he said some other guy had a 50" on the floor above!

I'm not too sure if you will have loads of space for your laptop and books though.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeh it is a thin lcd one. Panick over. Now to decide whether to buy a PS3 or a 360 to go with it..........

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad?! 360.

ReputationRep:
    in rees...do we get/are we allowed kettles in our rooms?
    im not good in the morning without my tea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muppet87)
    Thanks, yeh it is a thin lcd one. Panick over. Now to decide whether to buy a PS3 or a 360 to go with it..........
    I concur with nanananannananananananananananab atman. You'd be crazy not to get a 360. What with Live and all.
    AND. You could get a Wii as well and chip it for the price of a PS3. Do that.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't let this thread turn into a PS3 Vs Xbox thread! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seren135)
    in rees...do we get/are we allowed kettles in our rooms?
    im not good in the morning without my tea...
    I knew someone with a kettle in their room.
    If you get up for breakfast there is tea/coffee there. (and some very nice hot chocolate)
    there is also a kettle in the kitchens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I knew someone with a kettle in their room.
    If you get up for breakfast there is tea/coffee there. (and some very nice hot chocolate)
    there is also a kettle in the kitchens
    They got rid of the hot chocolate! You can only have tea or coffee now... *******s. I had a kettle in my room for 2 years and nobody cared. The one in the kitchen was a health-hazard and we weren't allowed to use it... so it was the only solution :cool:

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.