Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

Just wondered if you would go out with someone who doesn't find you particularly attractive and openly admits that other girls are prettier than you and also flirts with them? :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How in the right frame of mind would go out with someone like that?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a better question is... why would someone go out with you if they didn't find you attractive?

And, my answer to yours is no.

xx
    e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbolina)
    Hi,

Just wondered if you would go out with someone who doesn't find you particularly attractive and openly admits that other girls are prettier than you and also flirts with them? :confused:
    Oh, that's really tough that is :sadnod: Let me think about it for a few days and i'll get back to you, okay.

Lol, silly question I know. But I have been going out with my boyfriend for a year and he told me I was attractive but now I find out he doesn't find me attractive :confused: I don't know why he would go out with me if he didn't find me attractive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimbolina)
    Lol, silly question I know. But I have been going out with my boyfriend for a year and he told me I was attractive but now I find out he doesn't find me attractive :confused: I don't know why he would go out with me if he didn't find me attractive!!
    He sounds like he's trying to manipulate you in some way :confused: Whatever he's doing, i can't seem to see that his intentions are good. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Why would the other person be with me in the first place :confused:

And no, I wouldn't.

Thanks guys, I only found this out yesterday so obviously I have said it's over as it feels like a lie.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't find you attractive, no I wouldn't. I don't see that going anywhere, the attraction is necessary.

However, as for the other bit : Unless you are the most attractive girl on Earth then he is going to see other more attractive women. Also, flirting might just be the way he is (I am the same, and I don't mean to be).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavis2)
    He sounds like he's trying to manipulate you in some way :confused: Whatever he's doing, i can't seem to see that his intentions are good. Sorry.
    I agree.

Get out of it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    well i wouldnt go out with a girl who thought i was unatractive (even if i were) cause it'd make me feel uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no
    I wouldn't want to go out with someone who thought I was unattractive and flirted with other girls because I would feel they were just waiting for someone better to come along.
    You deserve someone who wants to be with you and only you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmajcunningham)
    Maybe a better question is... why would someone go out with you if they didn't find you attractive?

And, my answer to yours is no.

xx
    e.
    :dito:

Pretty succinct there.

ReputationRep:
    Erm no I wouldn't go out with a guy like that, for the pure fact that he doesn't actually sound like he's a very nice person...thats really not the way to treat anyone. Obviously he's very insecure and is trying to bring you down to make himself better. I reality you're probably way to hott for this guy. GIRL POWER¬:P(sorry REALLY wanted to add that baddy in)

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely not be with someone who thinks/acts like that, and more importantly, you should not be with someone who airs such a cruel opinion. What an insensitive thing to say, either to your face, or behind your back knowing that you might get to hear of it. Definitely better off without him.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dac_10)
    well i wouldnt go out with a girl who thought i was unatractive (even if i were) cause it'd make me feel uncomfortable.
    I'd feel the same , no point it anit going to last , or go anywhere total waste of time bothering imo!

ReputationRep:
    no, i prefer the guy to fancy me more than i do him, so i feel wanted and know he won't cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Well no, i wouldn't really like them if they openly said they didn't find me attractive because that's just rude and would make me question why they were with me in the first place and it's even worse if they said to me other girls are prettier because...it's just wrong to say that to someone you're going out with

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.