The Student Room Group

Holiday without me

My girlfriend and I have been going out for about 4 months, she's told me on multiple occasions that she wants to go on holiday in the summer without me but with 2 other lads that used to have a thing for her. She insists that they're her best mates and that she's always had lad mates, which is true, but I think it seems a bit disrespectful to do this,but also it seems that she has more fun with these other lads than she does with me. I'm really not sure whether she likes spending time with me at all anymore, everyou time I suggest something she says "maybe" or "ill see".
My mates all think it's weird and I don't think any of them are too fond of her or her antics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Seems a bit odd to me. Have you talked to her?

That being said, just because you're her boyfriend, doesn't mean you need to go away with her all the time.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Seems a bit odd to me. Have you talked to her?

That being said, just because you're her boyfriend, doesn't mean you need to go away with her all the time.

Yeah we talked about it yesterday, I told her it would massively piss me off but my opinion might change, which I now regret because I very much doubt that it will change. I know that we don't have to do everything together but going on holiday just her and 2 lads, likely getting pissed as well, seems a bit intimate, but weird .
You haven't been together for too long, so maybe you haven't really set boundaries in your relationship. That said, it does seem a bit immature of her to go away with two guys, when she knows that they had a thing for her. She must know that her actions are hurting you
Reply 4
Original post by CarysJSLewis
You haven't been together for too long, so maybe you haven't really set boundaries in your relationship. That said, it does seem a bit immature of her to go away with two guys, when she knows that they had a thing for her. She must know that her actions are hurting you

Yeah I really don't know what it is, she knows I'd hate it but still wants to go hoping I'll change my mind. But she says she has been best mates with one of them for years and when he did ask her out she did turn him down.
Original post by Thibaut1234
Yeah I really don't know what it is, she knows I'd hate it but still wants to go hoping I'll change my mind. But she says she has been best mates with one of them for years and when he did ask her out she did turn him down.

Sadly, it sounds like this girl is an attention seeker. She's not only leading you on, but those boys as well. By staying close friends with them, she knows that subconsciously they'll still think they have a chance with her. I would personally find a girl who doesn't walk all over you like this, because you really don't want to go through the heartache of discovering that she's cheating etc. That's just my opinion anyway
Reply 6
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Sadly, it sounds like this girl is an attention seeker. She's not only leading you on, but those boys as well. By staying close friends with them, she knows that subconsciously they'll still think they have a chance with her. I would personally find a girl who doesn't walk all over you like this, because you really don't want to go through the heartache of discovering that she's cheating etc. That's just my opinion anyway

Thanks for your help mate, I'm gonna have to consider the situation mate. But I'm not gonna lie, it's not the first time someone's said that.
Reply 7
Original post by Thibaut1234
Thanks for your help mate, I'm gonna have to consider the situation mate. But I'm not gonna lie, it's not the first time someone's said that.

The thing with attention seekers is that they draw attention. Trust me, trust your intuition, no matter how sweet she is to your face she has a pathological need for attention, and it's way more important than you.
You're not overreacting, this is weird. Wanting to go on holiday alone isn't a big problem, and if there was a group of friends who included a couple of guys I don't think that would be so weird - but going on holiday with just two guys who both 'used to' have a thing for her? That's way too intimate and unnecessary.

Quick Reply

Latest