The Student Room Group

How to defend Trump

Im an indipendent voter so i spent all my time this US election trying to defend both candidates to people who got angry so i could get the best out of all the arguments on the table

but im finding it very hard now to add balance to the people who are anti trump

my main issues are;

1, he was so clever about the truth that i now feel lied to
2, he cosied up to putin so much i think hes been played by him

i find these things very hard to take

1, did Russia just mess with our election?
2, can you really vote legaly when someone so blatenly lied so much that it feels as though my perseption has been tampered with?

it reminds me of the scene in batman when the joker is about to do something really bad and it leads batman to do something bad to combat and stop the badness and morgan freeman says he understands why he did it but he no longer wants anything to do with him;

did trump just do something bad in order to stop something bad happening; i mean hillory clinton

maybe we should be also washing our hands of both the candidates and asking, protesting for two new candidates?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is trump responsible for the actions of others?

He has said the USA needs to improve relations with Russia rather than both antagonising each other into war, which the clinton campaign are unhappy about Obama for not starting over this election.

There is no evidence that the Russians hacked the election.
There is only circumstantial evidence that the Russian government was involved in hacking podesta or the dnc, there is more evidence that Hillary broke the law and sent classified information from her email.
Reply 2
Original post by joecphillips

He has said the USA needs to improve relations with Russia rather than both antagonising each other into war, which the clinton campaign are unhappy about Obama for not starting over this election.

There is only circumstantial evidence that the Russian government was involved in hacking podesta or the dnc, there is more evidence that Hillary broke the law and sent classified information from her email.

the law seems to think we are responcible for the actions of others when you provoke and entise so yeah i dont see why there is one rule for one and one rule for another

with regards to there being no evidence that russia hacked; after everything else we know they did id be very suprised if just this once they were inocent, and the comparison of hilory with russia really doest fit because corruption in the west will never ever be comparitable with coruption in god forsaken russia

and hillory was cleared by the fbi twice which i think is the amount of different urin samples a russian athalite travels with
Reply 3

and why would we want to improve relations with a country that is so against everything we are, it constantly strives to sabatage anything we do, a country who has nothing to offer other than fish eggs and hot air, who is in decline of everything apart from vile, coruption, nastiness, unemployed athelites, extra numbers on its money and chinese people pulling its strings?
Trump lies to manipulate people. He is blatant and unapologetic about it. Anyone gullible enough to be taken in by it only has themselves to blame.
Reply 5
Original post by Quantex
Trump lies to manipulate people. He is blatant and unapologetic about it. Anyone gullible enough to be taken in by it only has themselves to blame.

so you think people who are gullible enough to be taken in by a serial killer deserve to be killed?
Original post by ohyeah12
so you think people who are gullible enough to be taken in by a serial killer deserve to be killed?

How many serial killer victims know their killer and know they have killed before?
Reply 7
Original post by nulli tertius
How many serial killer victims know their killer and know they have killed before?

does it matter? there being killed

anyone who rationalises irrationalness doesnt seek justice
Reply 8
and why would we want to improve relations with a country that is so against everything we are, it constantly strives to sabatage anything we do, a country who has nothing to offer other than fish eggs and hot air, who is in decline of everything apart from vile, coruption, nastiness, unemployed athelites, extra numbers on its money and chinese people pulling its strings?

Because the alternative is a war which would eventually happen and everyone would lose.
Reply 9
the law seems to think we are responcible for the actions of others when you provoke and entise so yeah i dont see why there is one rule for one and one rule for another

with regards to there being no evidence that russia hacked; after everything else we know they did id be very suprised if just this once they were inocent, and the comparison of hilory with russia really doest fit because corruption in the west will never ever be comparitable with coruption in god forsaken russia

and hillory was cleared by the fbi twice which i think is the amount of different urin samples a russian athalite travels with

The difference is the Clinton campaign actually incites and funded violence.

There is more evidence that Hillary sent classified information (Comey admitted there was proof she did this) whereas Russia there is no concrete evidence but people are happy to point fingers.
Best way to defend Trump is to:
1) Say "What sentence or statement did he say that upset you?" Now if they can't think of one or say "He's anything ending in -ist or -ic" or "EVERYTHING!" Don't argue with them, their clearly not looking for a meaningful discussion, they just want to bash you with their perceived moral superiority.

2) When they say something beyond hyperbolic such as "He's gonna start a nuclear war" or "He's going to remove LGBT rights" tell them to play it out (meaning ask them to explain how he will do this.) And when they do play it out, they realise how unfathomable their imaginary world is.

3) If they bring up the bus conversation , just say "Women are attracted to fame and success, and when he said you can grab them by the P**** he meant it is insane what these women let you get away with"

There is actual criticism of Trump i.e too soft on russia,tariffs on businesses who want to leave the US , not a true conservative and is changing the how the republican party works.
Reply 11
Original post by Mekkiii
1) Say "What sentence or statement did he say that upset you?" Now if they can't think of one or say "He's anything ending in -ist or -ic" or "EVERYTHING!" Don't argue with them, their clearly not looking for a meaningful discussion, they just want to bash you with their perceived moral superiority.

2) When they say something beyond hyperbolic such as "He's gonna start a nuclear war" or "He's going to remove LGBT rights" tell them to play it out (meaning ask them to explain how he will do this.) And when they do play it out, they realise how unfathomable their imaginary world is.

3) If they bring up the bus conversation , just say "Women are attracted to fame and success, and when he said you can grab them by the P**** he meant it is insane what these women let you get away with"

There is actual criticism of Trump i.e too soft on russia,tariffs on businesses who want to leave the US , not a true conservative and is changing the how the republican party works.

Is that really a bad thing?
Reply 12
Because the alternative is a war which would eventually happen and everyone would lose.

sometimes you have to stand up for what is right, some things are worse than death

and in reality we have nothing to feer from russia, it knows if there was ever a nuclear war it would be the only person to loose

russia backed down a long time ago because it knew this
Reply 13

you can always tel when theres a cremlin putin elfe in the room because they always try to scare everyone with the only arguments they make
Reply 14
The difference is the Clinton campaign actually incites and funded violence.

There is more evidence that Hillary sent classified information (Comey admitted there was proof she did this) whereas Russia there is no concrete evidence but people are happy to point fingers.

so your best argument on how to defend trump is, but hilorys is worse and russia is a saint?

we can argue about the details all day but the main argument is this;

yes hillorys an ass but so is trump and russia so what do we do about this because we are all a victim of state sponsered manipulation in the media

seems simple to me, lets stop listening and start protesting untill we are certain we know wthat the debate is and we get two new candidates
Reply 15
so your best argument on how to defend trump is, but hilorys is worse and russia is a saint?

we can argue about the details all day but the main argument is this;

yes hillorys an ass but so is trump and russia so what do we do about this because we are all a victim of state sponsered manipulation in the media

seems simple to me, lets stop listening and start protesting untill we are certain we know wthat the debate is and we get two new candidates

Not saying Russia is a saint and in the end after the primary vote it became a choice of trump v Hillary v puppet v what is Aleppo.

Did you vote in the primaries? There was a total of 23 candidates from the republicans and democrats so the choice was not just trump v Hillary.

What policy do you dislike trump for and why?
Reply 16
Not saying Russia is a saint and in the end after the primary vote it became a choice of trump v Hillary v puppet v what is Aleppo.

Did you vote in the primaries? There was a total of 23 candidates from the republicans and democrats so the choice was not just trump v Hillary.

What policy do you dislike trump for and why?

i disslike trump because of the psychological form of abuse used on the american population called gasslighting, its the same thing your doing now;

its when you focus so close on detailes people miss the bigger point just like slightly turning a gass light down so to alter peoples perseption

its a techneeque used by sociopaths, its like taking a song and saying but look at that note its an f note thats the same as the f notes in my f note song you stole my music

its this simple he lied to everyone and russia helped him

he is not our president he is putins

do we belong to russia now?

is he about to anex us?
Original post by Mekkiii

How about probably the most valid criticism of Trump: that he's a brazen liar?
Reply 18
Original post by Mekkiii

so you sugest using tactics to defend him, how very trump like, what ever happened to wanting to know the truth

its ry simple, the most powerful man in the world will have been put there by russia
Reply 19
i disslike trump because of the psychological form of abuse used on the american population called gasslighting, its the same thing your doing now;

its when you focus so close on detailes people miss the bigger point just like slightly turning a gass light down so to alter peoples perseption

its a techneeque used by sociopaths, its like taking a song and saying but look at that note its an f note thats the same as the f notes in my f note song you stole my music

its this simple he lied to everyone and russia helped him

he is not our president he is putins

do we belong to russia now?

is he about to anex us?

Let's be honest you aren't just not finding it hard to argue with people who are anti trump you are anti trump.

Putin prefers trump, the banks prefer Hillary if she had won would you be saying she is the banks president and that you belong to the banks?

You really are delusional if you think that Russia is going to try to annex the USA.

Someone in politics lied what a surprise, the difference is the media focuses on what trump said that wasn't the whole truth and called it a lie but did not do that consistently, Hillary said the USA did not lose anyone in libya that was judged to be true even though people she was supposed to protect were killed and it was judged to be true.

Just out of interest where did you get your news?

Quick Reply

Latest