The Student Room Group

How to defend Trump

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RogerOxon
Young people can think things through. I had two degrees by that age. However, I'm not young :frown:

He's the head of the University, not justr someone who works there.

Lord Patten is an expert in international relations. I don't know what your credentials are in this area, but I'm going to have to trust Lord Patten on this one.

You do realise how much national debt the US has? Who do you think that money is owed to?

I can speak for myself - it's what he says that makes me scared to have him in a position of power. He's an egomaniac and shouts his moth off without thinking first, then backs-down. That's not a good approach in international relations.

Get off it. The guy doesn't even know automation turned out to be a big nothing as far as job loss is concerned. This is old news.
He's judging the a man without taking a few mins. to listen to his statements himself.
His article makes it clear he doesn't want the U.S. gravy train to end.
He;s afraid the U.S. influence around the world will end yet he would probably be the first to denounce U.S. meddling in other countries affairs.
It appears that he'd only assault the ones that he finds attractive, hence it being others business.

That makes a lot of sense.
Like I said; It's nobodys' business what kind of female he finds attractive.
Like it's no ones' business how much he's worth. Nixon started that crap about making public the tax returns of candidates.
(edited 7 years ago)
The election is over. He won. He doesn't need defending.
His favorability ratings are steadily creeping up just as they did during the campaign.
Those whose gravy trains are threatened by his taking office are nothing short of hysterical. My guess is that the bar of what we expect from our elected officials has been lowered by such a degree that when the winner does take office and we are witness to what can be accomplished by a person qualified for the office, his ratings will soar and those now working to discredit him can help themselves to the large helpings of crow they have heaped on themselves.
Original post by oldercon1953
The election is over. He won.

That is the almost certain outcome, although the electoral college hasn't actually voted yet. Winning with fewer votes than the other main candidate isn't much of a mandate.
He doesn't need defending.

Don't then. Nothing that you have said has changed my (low) opinion of him.
My guess is that the bar of what we expect from our elected officials has been lowered by such a degree that when the winner does take office and we are witness to what can be accomplished by a person qualified for the office, his ratings will soar and those now working to discredit him can help themselves to the large helpings of crow they have heaped on themselves.

Whilst being more business-like may be appropriate for some parts of government, it isn't for many.

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion. You seem to have the same issue that Trump does - you think that repeating something enough makes it true. Unfortunately, there are enough gullible voters that were duped. I'd love to be wrong about Trump though, but he keeps giving me evidence that I'm not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ohyeah12

1, he was so clever about the truth that i now feel lied to

You feel lied to?

You were lied to:

Original post by joecphillips
Because the alternative is a war which would eventually happen and everyone would lose.

The only war that is likely to happen is Trump and Putin antagonizing China and we have a nuclear fall out.
Original post by joecphillips
Let's be honest you aren't just not finding it hard to argue with people who are anti trump you are anti trump.

Putin prefers trump, the banks prefer Hillary if she had won would you be saying she is the banks president and that you belong to the banks?

You really are delusional if you think that Russia is going to try to annex the USA.

Someone in politics lied what a surprise, the difference is the media focuses on what trump said that wasn't the whole truth and called it a lie but did not do that consistently, Hillary said the USA did not lose anyone in libya that was judged to be true even though people she was supposed to protect were killed and it was judged to be true.

Just out of interest where did you get your news?

DRAIN THE SWAMP DRAIN THE SWAMP DRAIN THE SWAMP

Trump at rally after vote: I hated the expression. I appointed three ex-Goldman execs to my cabinet.

ps they prefer Hilary because Trump is uncertainty, and they don't like uncertainty.
That is the almost certain outcome, although the electoral college hasn't actually voted yet. Winning with fewer votes than the other main candidate isn't much of a mandate.

Don't then. Nothing that you have said has changed my (low) opinion of him.

Whilst being more business-like may be appropriate for some parts of government, it isn't for many.

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion. You seem to have the same issue that Trump does - you think that repeating something enough makes it true. Unfortunately, there are enough gullible voters that were duped. I'd love to be wrong about Trump though, but he keeps giving me evidence that I'm not.

The transfer of wealth, at the beginning of the deal or the end of it, is behind just about every political move. Being more business like is a necessity for a gov. the size of ours.

You, and everyone, else keep repeating the same inaccuracies so your going to hear the same responses.
Original post by yudothis
DRAIN THE SWAMP DRAIN THE SWAMP DRAIN THE SWAMP

Trump at rally after vote: I hated the expression. I appointed three ex-Goldman execs to my cabinet.

ps they prefer Hilary because Trump is uncertainty, and they don't like uncertainty.

Your thinking is so lazy. Its you guys you hate rich people, not Trump supporters. ex GS just means they are incredibly hard working and clever. The issue was Hillary's crony capitalism where she was getting paid outrageous amounts by banks and foreign govts for favours, also how she was in bed with the media. If Bannon and the rest do the same as Hillary was going to do as president then we'll all be pissed. Until then, those appointments are great.

p.s thats simply untrue. Hillary was just going to continue the QE, high debt and crony capitalist system that is driving America down, while making the bankers rich on the way. Hillary would have bailed out the banks, Trump might not have. Thats why they wanted Hillary.
Original post by asdfg323
Your thinking is so lazy. Its you guys you hate rich people, not Trump supporters. ex GS just means they are incredibly hard working and clever. The issue was Hillary's crony capitalism where she was getting paid outrageous amounts by banks and foreign govts for favours, also how she was in bed with the media. If Bannon and the rest do the same as Hillary was going to do as president then we'll all be pissed. Until then, those appointments are great.

p.s thats simply untrue. Hillary was just going to continue the QE, high debt and crony capitalist system that is driving America down, while making the bankers rich on the way. Hillary would have bailed out the banks, Trump might not have. Thats why they wanted Hillary.

Replace Hillary by Trump and you are spot on about what is happening. Those appointments are only great in the eyes of supremacists, because that is what Bannon truly is.

p.s buuuuulshit, pedalled by Trump and the right wing media. And you fall for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending