The Student Room Group

Are these good mock grades?

Pls tell me if I got good mock grades to get into grammar school.
Maths: 8
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Computing A
Resistant materials B
Religious studies C
Citizenship, paper result C but overall A
Still got English to come back.

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Reply 2
Really?
Original post by ePret
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Computing A
Resistant materials B
Religious studies C

It depends on the context of them; If you go to really high acheiving school no However if you have not or your gcses have been made harder to do due to familly problems... ect prehapes.
However GCSE Religious studies and Citizenship are not well respected and are viewed as 'soft' subjects so mmay well put you at a disadvantage.
Original post by ePret
Really?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 5
I got into grammar school with 4A*, 5A and a B. So, yh, you are fine. But the C may put you at advantage.
Reply 6
these are just my mocks, but i also do further maths.
No m8, A*'s are for scrubs. Need 2 grades higher to be considered decent.
Reply 8
Original post by glassanimal
It depends on the context of them; If you go to really high acheiving school no However if you have not or your gcses have been made harder to do due to familly problems... ect prehapes.
However GCSE Religious studies and Citizenship are not well respected and are viewed as 'soft' subjects so mmay well put you at a disadvantage.

in my school i have to do rs and citizenship. They are part of my core subjects. However, due to my coursework in citizenship, i can get A overall if i get C in the paper. The grammar school i want to go to is on points system.
Original post by ePret
in my school i have to do rs and citizenship. They are part of my core subjects. However, due to my coursework in citizenship, i can get A overall if i get C in the paper. The grammar school i want to go to is on points system.

oh: if they are compulsary thats diffrent then
Original post by ePret
these are just my mocks, but i also do further maths.

what are you predicted? though technically it is not GCSE many sixforms will count it as one
Original post by ePret
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Computing A
Resistant materials B
Religious studies C

I applied at a grammar school they want at least 4 C's and 4 B's but you need to look at the specific subject requirements at what you wanna do
Reply 12
A C for religion.. no wonder kids these days are messed up. Otherwise, good grades.
Reply 13
well, idk what my schoool were smoking, but they predicted me A is everything, 8 in maths and english
Tbh it depends! I got a friend who got a A in Econ for Mock and ended failing in Final because he actually cheated in Mock. Also it depends how your mock is compared to final year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
What exam board are you for maths and what mark did you get?
Reply 16
aqa. Out of 120, i got 102
Reply 17
Original post by ePret
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Computing A
Resistant materials B
Religious studies C

They're good results overall compared to mine :biggrin:
That's so good! Whats resistant materials?
ONLY 4 A* pft.

Quick Reply

Latest