The Student Room Group

How to deal with messy people!room mates

I share a room with my twin she is so messy it drives me crazy when I want to clean the mess myself sh screams and calls me nasty names.I hate my bedroom to the extent that i only sleep there as I cannot stand it her desk is so messy it visually hurts me.I cannot stand being around mess.Her desk has stacks of piles of books not nicely placed but scattered.Her draws of desk are filled with rubbish she does not need like a school letter from 2015 for example.Just junk and when she comes home from school she keeps placing her clothes on my chair.How hard is it to fold your clothing and place them away?!!!Also she leaves her socks on the floor and when she uses a towel she chucks it randomly and does not fold it!!I am tired of her behaviour and she doesn't respect me as a person and keeps annoying em with her mess.

Another issue I want to sleep at 9 I am in bed and she is still on her stupid computer and when i tell her please go on my laptop in the living room I want to sleep she shouts and is no cooperating this is not JUST HER ROOM she keeps claiming it is her room!!!Also she keeps switching the light on when i want to sleep and then i have a crap week because I am exhausted tired cranky and unproductive because I am so exhausted.She also gets pissed that I open the windows well I can't help ti if i am absolutely sweating at night and cannot sleep!

She needs to learn that this is not her room and not shout and call people names.I tried talking to her but it is like talking to a brick wall!I am at my wits end.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I share a room with my twin she is so messy it drives me crazy when I want to clean the mess myself sh screams and calls me nasty names.I hate my bedroom to the extent that i only sleep there as I cannot stand it her desk is so messy it visually hurts me.I cannot stand being around mess.Her desk has stacks of piles of books not nicely placed but scattered.Her draws of desk are filled with rubbish she does not need like a school letter from 2015 for example.Just junk and when she comes home from school she keeps placing her clothes on my chair.How hard is it to fold your clothing and place them away?!!!Also she leaves her socks on the floor and when she uses a towel she chucks it randomly and does not fold it!!I am tired of her behaviour and she doesn't respect me as a person and keeps annoying em with her mess.

Another issue I want to sleep at 9 I am in bed and she is still on her stupid computer and when i tell her please go on my laptop in the living room I want to sleep she shouts and is no cooperating this is not JUST HER ROOM she keeps claiming it is her room!!!Also she keeps switching the light on when i want to sleep and then i have a crap week because I am exhausted tired cranky and unproductive because I am so exhausted.She also gets pissed that I open the windows well I can't help ti if i am absolutely sweating at night and cannot sleep!

She needs to learn that this is not her room and not shout and call people names.I tried talking to her but it is like talking to a brick wall!I am at my wits end.

1) Eye mask and ear plugs for quality sleep

2) Divide the room to your zone and your twin's zone.

3) To quote the amazing Michelle Obama, "When someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you don’t stoop to their level. No, our motto is, when they go low, we go high"

4) Every now and then when your twin disturbs you, ask her, "Why you doing this"? Good idea to offer help even though you know she'll reject.

5) Involve parents for an intervention

Quick Reply