The Student Room Group

I did something I regret

I did something I regret soo much
Can't take my mind off it
:cry2:

No; it doesn't affect other people -i didn't hurt someone else or anything like that at all

Idk what the point of this thread is. Just advice on how to not regret or anything will do tbh
Just listen to music, watch a movie, get together with friends etc so you don't feel down
Just know that we all make mistakes and have thinks we regret doing, so don't beat yourself up about it. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Just listen to music, watch a movie, get together with friends etc so you don't feel down
Just know that we all make mistakes and have thinks we regret doing, so don't beat yourself up about it. :smile:

PRSOM

Thanks
Right now though I'm struggling to keep my mind off it
Original post by Anonymous

No; it doesn't affect other people -i didn't hurt someone else or anything like that at all

Idk what the point of this thread is. Just advice on how to not regret or anything will do tbh

You must tell now :biggrin: Leading me on like that

*tut*
Reply 4
I can't let anyone find out
:cry:

At all. I have to take this with me to the grave :frown:
I can't let anyone find out
:cry:

At all. I have to take this with me to the grave :frown:

if its something to do with a cucumber, it's actually normal
Remember it only matters if you make it matter. Morals are a social construct.
Reply 7
Original post by will'o'wisp
You must tell now :biggrin: Leading me on like that

*tut*

:ashamed2:
Reply 8
if its something to do with a cucumber, it's actually normal

:rofl: no its not that, this might come back to bite me in the face though
Reply 9
Original post by newttella
Remember it only matters if you make it matter. Morals are a social construct.

I guess it really does matter to me though :sadnod:

I have also done really bad stuff...
You need to think about why you did it. Then how you will deal with that situation if it comes up again. And finnally how you are going to improve your self so that you dont make mistakes like this again. How can you take CONTROL??
Original post by glassanimal
I have also done really bad stuff...
You need to think about why you did it. Then how you will deal with that situation if it comes up again. And finnally how you are going to improve your self so that you dont make mistakes like this again. How can you take CONTROL??

Okay that makes sense. An action plan of sorts.
So I know why I did it -identified
Okay thinking about how to deal with the situation if it comes up again -I'll look up ideas too, though I have a few ideas
Improving myself -I can and I will manage somehow :/

You are right, it's about me taking control.

Thank you very much.

PRSOM
Okay that makes sense. An action plan of sorts.
So I know why I did it -identified
Okay thinking about how to deal with the situation if it comes up again -I'll look up ideas too, though I have a few ideas
Improving myself -I can and I will manage somehow :/

You are right, it's about me taking control.

Thank you very much.

PRSOM

ps. remeber even if it happens again you havenot failled you just havenot finished taking back control AND acknowlage your progress. REFRAME your FAILURE :smile:
Original post by glassanimal
ps. remeber even if it happens again you havenot failled you just havenot finished taking back control AND acknowlage your progress. REFRAME your FAILURE :smile:

You made me feel so much better about myself.
:hugs:
You made me feel so much better about myself.
:hugs:

And thankyou... you have also made me feel really happy that i have done somthing good for someone.

Whatever it was that you did is probably not as bad as you are thinking,
especially if it has not effected anyone else. Just learn from your mistake and try not to repeat it. Everybody does things that are wrong at times. Dwelling on
these things and beating yourself up over them is negative and will not help you move on. You know that it was wrong so learn from it, avoid doing it again and move forward positively.

Hope this helps. x
Whatever it was that you did is probably not as bad as you are thinking,
especially if it has not effected anyone else. Just learn from your mistake and try not to repeat it. Everybody does things that are wrong at times. Dwelling on
these things and beating yourself up over them is negative and will not help you move on. You know that it was wrong so learn from it, avoid doing it again and move forward positively.

Hope this helps. x

Possibly not as bad as I think it is. But yes, I shan't be repeating it again. Better to move forward than beat myself up over it.
And thanks. It did help x

Quick Reply

Latest