The Student Room Group

C3 a2 maths trig proof

Lol forgot to add the equation...
Could anyone tell me how to prove this/which is the right way to begin or anyway sort of system that you have to get the proof generally?
Sin^2x+3cos^2x=2+cos2x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hardy jacks
Could anyone tell me how to prove this/which is the right way to begin or anyway sort of system that you have to get the proof generally?

For what identity?
(edited 7 years ago)

In general, just try different ways, after loads of practise, you'll figure out the general patterns.

Many different ways for this now you may want to start with a 2 side length equilateral triangle and square of sides length 1 divided both by 2. And know your common angle table. The rest I don't see why you would ask this as they are always different unless a semicircle divided by two and you are told what to use
(edited 7 years ago)

Sin^2x+3cos^2x=2+cos2x

Well you can split the LHS into 2 identities by doing 3cos2(x)=cos2(x)+2cos2(x)3\cos^2(x)=\cos^2(x) + 2\cos^2(x)

Quick Reply

Latest