Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard you only need BBC to get into Durham for business management!

Surely its much higher?

The websites down at the moment so I can't confirm this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend Killer)
    I heard you only need BBC to get into Durham for business management
    according to the prospectus, business and business finance both have a typical minimum offer of BBC, so there ya go
    It is at Queens though, so that might be why. On the other hand they do have some other subjects with comparatively low entry grades. - Archaeology for instance with BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    according to the prospectus, business and business finance both have a typical minimum offer of BBC, so there ya go
    It is at Queens though, so that might be why. On the other hand they do have some other subjects with comparatively low entry grades. - Archaeology for instance with BBB
    Yay for Archaeology and its apparent relative unpopularity!

ReputationRep:
    Archaeology is at QC?! It is?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickyrkenya)
    Archaeology is at QC?! It is?!
    Nope it's not. It's just an apparently unpopular subject which means that it has low entry grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Nope it's not. It's just an apparently unpopular subject which means that it has low entry grades.
    Check elyim's sig, John Snow is at queens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Check elyim's sig, John Snow is at queens.
    but, check elyim's sig. Foundation years are at Queens. I think I should know where the proper Archaeology course is taught. I wouldn't be at St. Aidan's if it was taught at Queens now would I :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    but, check elyim's sig. Foundation years are at Queens. I think I should know where the proper Archaeology course is taught. I wouldn't be at St. Aidan's if it was taught at Queens now would I :p:
    Your probably right, although the Foundation Year is real stuff. I know there are some courses that have applied versions in Queens though, although I am not sure that it could be done for Archaeology.

ReputationRep:
    The (generic social science, with no arch content) foundation year is at Queen's, and then upon completion of that I'll transfer to Durham city, where the Archaeology department is, for the normal 3 years of Archaeology.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest,why are you doing a foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    I originally applied for '06 entry for normal Archaeology, but then couldn't finish my A2 year due to chronic illness... I applied again for '07 entry but the same happened again. I can't afford to stay at home to repeat the year, and it would be dull-o-rama doing the same stuff for the third time anyway. Mostly the foundation course is aimed at local mature students, and they don't usually take people who've just done A-Levels or didn't meet the grades, but because of my circumstances they accepted me. I don't need it academically (my a levels were in very relevant subjects, I can already write essays, and am familiar with libraries, science labs, MS Word...), but it seems the simplest/quickest/most direct route to where I want to get.

ReputationRep:
    The website and prospectus say BBB but usually much higher offers are made. It depends on your AS grades, predictions, how strong your application and reference are etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.