Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No matter how long I sleep, I always get up feeling tired and out of energy. Really annoys me, anyone have any similar experiences/solutions?

ReputationRep:
    I get that too.
    Often I wake up tireder than I was when I went to bed.
    Peronsally, I've diagnosed myself with Chronic Fatigue syndrome

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I always used to get that! ... I tried two things at the same time so Im not really sure which one worked, maybe it was both!

1) I tried taking nytol as Im a really light sleeper and so I thought maybe I wasnt getting enough rest as I normally would If I was in a deep sleep
    2) I started taking these multi vitamins, which are supposed to help your body release energy from food

but yea since I tried those Ive not really felt the tiredness on waking up anymore

i had it for a while. i got told to increase my iron intake and now its alright

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. I never want to get out of bed, and still feel half asleep up to an hour later. I love lie-ins more than most people! Don't know why though, and it's always been that way since I was a kid

ReputationRep:
    Could it be that you are getting too much sleep, so that when you do sleep you're not really feeling the benefits? lately i've been sleeping for around 10 hours a night and i always still feel tired during the day, Im thinking its because i dont have regular sleep patterns and sleep for longer than my body needs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. Maybe i should go ask a doctor about this lol.

ReputationRep:
    if you also get random joint aches, lack fo ability to concentrate and headcaches it might be chronic fatigue syndrome
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    IRON! Solved my problems. Until I ran out. Now I'm an insomniac.

Anyway, probably you need more iron or perhaps less sleep. Too much sleep is as bad for you as too little.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I sometimes find if your not doing much throughout the day in terms of work/exercise, you generally feel tireder - i do anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.