alevels2k17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
how am i supposed to know how many steps there are for each reaction!! do i need to know the rxn mechanism for each of those reactions!! :bawling::bawling: (this is edexcel unit 4) - idk how much to expand in the point mentioned in the syllabus, it just says describe and carry out reaction... are mechanisms for each required?
Attached files
GetOverHere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, you'll have to know all of the reactions. Try and make yourself something similar to what's on the third page of this (https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...anisms-a21.pdf), using the reactions relevant to your syllabus.

For this question, think about each of the reactions described and consider whether they'll yield a carboxylic acid.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Q basically asks you to identify what the product of each reaction is, only one of them will make a carboxylic acid.
alevels2k17
Rep:
?
thank you!!

GetOverHere thanks for linking the pdf, very helpful!!
Reshyna
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pondsteps)
how am i supposed to know how many steps there are for each reaction!! do i need to know the rxn mechanism for each of those reactions!! :bawling::bawling: (this is edexcel unit 4) - idk how much to expand in the point mentioned in the syllabus, it just says describe and carry out reaction... are mechanisms for each required?
What year past paper is this?
alevels2k17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reshyna)
What year past paper is this?
edexcel unit 4 - 2010 jan x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (392)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (301)
43.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed