Turn on thread page Beta

I got my AS results they were 2A 1B. I missed my A for EDEXCEL phy by 6 marks. I just got 5 marks more than cut off for AQA computing(not a many people did get an A in our school only 4 incl me). My maths is pretty good. Can i improve on my grades at A2. I hope i can get good marks for my CPT6 project and cover my lost marks. But my question would be whether i can get an A for Phy? 2 do so how many hrs should i work per week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeviMol)
    I got my AS results they were 2A 1B. I missed my A for EDEXCEL phy by 6 marks. I just got 5 marks more than cut off for AQA computing(not a many people did get an A in our school only 4 incl me). My maths is pretty good. Can i improve on my grades at A2. I hope i can get good marks for my CPT6 project and cover my lost marks. But my question would be whether i can get an A for Phy? 2 do so how many hrs should i work per week?
    Theres so no set time u should work, you should just work untill you are confortable with the work and can more improtantly do it(ie questions from past papers). Some people dont work for some subjects as they just "get" it , like maths, whereas others struggle for hours on end and are happy with a D. Obviously A2 gets harder, but theres no reason why u shouldn't maintain your grades/improve them.

(Original post by YeviMol)
    First of all, you're worrying a bit too much at this stage; you've got an impressive set of AS grades. Relax a bit, yeah?

The chances of improving a grade in A2 really depends on how hard you're prepared to work for it, and spending extra time on AS revision to boost your module marks when you resit various papers.

You're only 6 marks off an A for Physics so you would only want to resit your worst paper and concentrate on that. Aim to resit it in January. As to how long you should work on that weak module is entirely up to you, just as long as you become familiar and confident with it by the time you resit it.

Finally, you're just one grade off and it's a very high B. You're chances of raising it to an A are good provided that you do something about the resit module. Hey, I was able to pull a middle C in AS to an A grade in A2, I'm sure you can raise the B grade easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin)
    First of all, you're worrying a bit too much at this stage; you've got an impressive set of AS grades. Relax a bit, yeah?

Finally, you're just one grade off and it's a very high B. You're chances of raising it to an A are good provided that you do something about the resit module. Hey, I was able to pull a middle C in AS to an A grade in A2, I'm sure you can raise the B grade easily.
    Hear-hear. And whilst I'm at it - well deon Vin!=)

It is the practical so how should i do that. I also got a D for B.s i just did it for fun, would it help when applying 2 uni

ReputationRep:
    it is possible to improve. even if you got a's on your otehr papers you could probably squeze out a few more marks. Personally i would resit next year cos you probably have to revise all the stuff for synoptic papers anyway and you'll find it really easy by comparison. One of my chem units i got 68/90 for as and then i got 80/90 ums marks this year when i resat it. I think they sometimes mark jan papers harder.

As for how many hours work, youv'e already got a brilliant set of as results so just carry on working how you already are.

(Original post by emom100)
    it is possible to improve. even if you got a's on your otehr papers you could probably squeze out a few more marks. Personally i would resit next year cos you probably have to revise all the stuff for synoptic papers anyway and you'll find it really easy by comparison. One of my chem units i got 68/90 for as and then i got 80/90 ums marks this year when i resat it. I think they sometimes mark jan papers harder.

As for how many hours work, youv'e already got a brilliant set of as results so just carry on working how you already are.
    Thnx everyone fpr helping and encouraging. I belive i can use this board if i have any prob

Most in my school think i am not that good, other than the principle and my math and comp teachers

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.