Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

where... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    where i live i have never come across a soul that likes it, its not a bad town, its not a particularly good town.. but its a regualr town.. yet it seems to be one of those places that people end up living for all eternity . . you tell anyone that you live far outside the citie (like me nower days) and all you here is 'ooh love, youve come a long way' so i ask if anyone has any idea why if it is so disliked are we still living here?! its like evryone here complained abut the bradford riots.. they finish and they just wait for the next one to arrive to complain about! no one takes the iniative to try to prevent another in the mean time, just like no one take the iniative to move if they dont like it so much! :confused:

anyone else live in a place like this? or have any idea why its atually like this?

okai.. i rant too much!

lu x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubilu)
    anyone else live in a place like this? or have any idea why its atually like this?
    Perhaps people can't afford to move away, can't be bothered, or maybe just don't want to, despite their moaning.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, get your breath back (or fix your full stop button).

Moving swiftly on, no place in England is as bad as inhabiting these places

a) Basra
    b) border of Sudan
    c) South America

In fact any other place besides our 'Great Britain'.

We don't want to live with the wine-guzzling surrender monkeys that are the French, nor with the idiotic Americans, and not with the Nazi Germans - they are a nation of losers (we should know).

Be proud of wherever you come from and show adoration for it, no place can be better than it. Afterall, I would be out of place in the 'black sections' of London, or the China town district of my great city.

ReputationRep:
    I like France tis a very good country. However London is the best city in the world supremely filthy but i still love it

ReputationRep:
    If all your family and freinds are in an area and you havea job there it will be very difficult to move out no matter how rough things get.

However there seems to be filter effect where all the generations end up quite poor in the area with little prospects :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    I like France tis a very good country. However London is the best city in the world supremely filthy but i still love it
    Likewise London is my favourite city! everytime I visit, there's always a new surprise or place to go or weirdo to say something fun to me. Perhaps if I lived there I'd feel differently, and see the grime, crime and unfriendliness, but I feel at home there even when standing on the platform on the tube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Likewise London is my favourite city! everytime I visit, there's always a new surprise or place to go or weirdo to say something fun to me. Perhaps if I lived there I'd feel differently, and see the grime, crime and unfriendliness, but I feel at home there even when standing on the platform on the tube.
    me too

ReputationRep:
    Decidiing between London and Paris is a tough one....I would have to say London simply becasue I speak the language better, there's the Dungeons to go visit (and loads of other cool stuff beisdes...Paris is great, but most attractions are very historical/religious, whereas London thrives with a blend of old and new.). Oh, and also...I'm British(I do show some patriotism on occasion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    London is a brilliant place to live there's always something to do (says the boy on UKL half the time) it's huge enough to become anonymous and it has lots of green spaces. Plus unlike new york its not all in blocks i like a bit of chaos much better than identical squares

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.