The Student Room Group

Are CGP books any good?

Hi all,

I'm looking for useful resources in aid of my mock revision for exams in January, particularly with the sciences. I'm doing AQA A Level for Biology and Chemistry and was looking to purchase the CGP complete revision guides, but am unsure about whether or not they're worth it? By the way, I'm in my first year of a levels.

If they're not, any general tips would be appreciated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Get the alevel CGP TEXTBOOK!
Its like that revison guide but 3x fatter.
That will get you a good grade.

How come you havent got a textbook yet? Most alevel students have already got their books.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely, I've been using both the student books and revision guides for AQA Chemistry & Physics - I got A grades in AS in those subjects and am predicted A*A* in them for A-level.
Reply 3
I got my AQA textbooks at the beginning of the year from the school but needed something to aid my revision. Thank you for your help!
Reply 4
Original post by DarkEnergy
Definitely, I've been using both the student books and revision guides for AQA Chemistry & Physics - I got A grades in AS in those subjects and am predicted A*A* in them for A-level.

Thank you so much, I'll definitely get them!
Original post by f_ak
Thank you so much, I'll definitely get them!

No problem. If your college are ordering them in, you can get them for cheaper. Managed to get the student books for £10 each as opposed to £20.

Quick Reply

Latest