grade growing with growing grades Watch

kishette
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Just pretend TSR blog is like a tinder profile, where people like or not depending on the first sentence rather than the face.

:argh::argh: grade growing with growing grades :argh::argh:

HI! As a kid, I was told by an old lady (how she is related to me, I know not), that in Islam, one must walk on a bridge as thin as a human hair in order to enter heaven. The believers will easily cross said bridge, whilst the sinners and the disbelievers will fall over into the scorching hot hell below.:eek::eek:

Now I don’t know whether this is unfounded superstition or actually true fact,:dontknow: but the story serves as a good analogy for my situation. Heaven is the desired grades, thin hair my mental state and hell is everything that can go wrong in my last year of compulsory education.

So, in order to ensure my hair-thin mental state does not snap, I’ve entered Grow Your Grades. Hopefully, this will bring a vague form of structure and organisation into my study life, and thus reduce the amount of stress, hair-pulling and caffeine induced all-nighters during exam season.

Status: Year 13 – pessimistic wreck attempting to be optimist.

Predicted grades: A*AA (A* in English Lit):crossedf:

Aspirations:
Get a place from Oxford Uni for English Lang and Lit.

3A*’s – pretty big aspiration, but if I miss the A*, I’ll slip to an A, which is still pretty good.

Uni Offers/Rejections:
  • Oxford – had interview:crossedf:
  • Manchester – offer (AAA)
  • SOAS – offer (AAB)
  • St Andrews (waiting…)
  • UCL (waiting…)

Subjects: English Lit, HIstory and Religious Studies
Spoiler:
Show

English Literature:
Paper 1: Aspects of Tragedy

Paper 2: Aspects of Crime

• - Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
  • - Rhime of the Ancient Mariner

(to be honest, I still have no idea how paper 2 is structured. Might need to check up on that)

History:
(all the titles in this section are arbitrary and does not follow the specification headings)

German Nationalism:

French Revolution

• Beginning of the French Rev.
  • Constitutional monarchy
  • Republic and the Terror
  • Rise of Napoleon
  • Fall of Napoleon

Later Tudors

Religious Studies

Question 1:
  • Meta-ethics

Question 2:
  • Deontology
  • Virtue ethics
  • Natural Moral Law.

Question 3:
  • Religious Language
  • Ontological argument

(i realised that as i got progressively down the list, the descriptions of topics became less and less detailed).

:crossedf:
Rohit_Rocks10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=kishette;68988458]
Just pretend TSR blog is like a tinder profile, where people like or not depending on the first sentence rather than the face.

:argh::argh: grade growing with growing grades :argh::argh:

HI! As a kid, I was told by an old lady (how she is related to me, I know not), that in Islam, one must walk on a bridge as thin as a human hair in order to enter heaven. The believers will easily cross said bridge, whilst the sinners and the disbelievers will fall over into the scorching hot hell below.:eek::eek:

Now I don’t know whether this is unfounded superstition or actually true fact,:dontknow: but the story serves as a good analogy for my situation. Heaven is the desired grades, thin hair my mental state and hell is everything that can go wrong in my last year of compulsory education.

So, in order to ensure my hair-thin mental state does not snap, I’ve entered Grow Your Grades. Hopefully, this will bring a vague form of structure and organisation into my study life, and thus reduce the amount of stress, hair-pulling and caffeine induced all-nighters during exam season.

Status: Year 13 – pessimistic wreck attempting to be optimist.

Predicted grades: A*AA (A* in English Lit):crossedf:

Aspirations:
Get a place from Oxford Uni for English Lang and Lit.

3A*’s – pretty big aspiration, but if I miss the A*, I’ll slip to an A, which is still pretty good.

Uni Offers/Rejections:
  • Oxford – had interview:crossedf:
  • Manchester – offer (AAA)
  • SOAS – offer (AAB)
  • St Andrews (waiting…)
  • UCL (waiting…)

Subjects: English Lit, HIstory and Religious Studies
Spoiler:
Show

English Literature:
Paper 1: Aspects of Tragedy

Paper 2: Aspects of Crime

• - Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
  • - Rhime of the Ancient Mariner

(to be honest, I still have no idea how paper 2 is structured. Might need to check up on that)

History:
(all the titles in this section are arbitrary and does not follow the specification headings)

German Nationalism:

French Revolution

• Beginning of the French Rev.
  • Constitutional monarchy
  • Republic and the Terror
  • Rise of Napoleon
  • Fall of Napoleon

Later Tudors

Religious Studies

Question 1:
  • Meta-ethics

Question 2:
  • Deontology
  • Virtue ethics
  • Natural Moral Law.

Question 3:
  • Religious Language
  • Ontological argument

(i realised that as i got progressively down the list, the descriptions of topics became less and less detailed).
:nodots:

Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds good. We only have 5 months left so keep this excellent progression up,[I'd recommend] recording how much you know of each subtopic in the specification to see where you need to improve and where you're strong at.

How do you study, by the way? Like do you use certain study methods such as the Feynman technique or method of loci? and how long for and how many breaks? When do you review your work - every day after school, every morning? When do you consolidate your work - once a week? How do you record your progress?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise