The Student Room Group
explodingxstars
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me out.

1. My first semester term dates are: Monday 27th September 2004 to 17th December 2004. Does this mean I will be moving in on the 26th or will Freshers week be the week before this? On the 20th?

Likely that you'll be moving in weekend 20/21st September.

Monday 27th September will be the first day of Week 1 of the Autumn Semester.
righty, thanks for the info :] my birthday on the 21st ya see...new people, new place..wahh hope it'll be good and not lonely :s lol
Reply 3
explodingxstars

2. Has anyone got any reading lists from their uni's?

It depends on your subject and your Uni, as well as what subjects you took at A-Level or equiv. Some Uni's will only give out reading lists/accomodation forms after results day when your place has been confirmed. What are you studying and where?
Reply 4
explodingxstars
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me out.

1. My first semester term dates are: Monday 27th September 2004 to 17th December 2004. Does this mean I will be moving in on the 26th or will Freshers week be the week before this? On the 20th?

1. Unless they've changed it Fresher's week will start on the 27th.

2. Don't be too eager. You don't want to appear a complete swot by reading during Fresher's week; a guaranteed way to become friendless.
Reply 5
Howard
1. Unless they've changed it Fresher's week will start on the 27th.

Nope, Freshers week is at most unis the week before the first week of semester one.
Reply 6
Chrism
Nope, Freshers week is at most unis the week before the first week of semester one.

But in sum Uni prospectuses they list the term dates for "first year students" in which case freshers week starts on the date given. Your best bet is to ring/email the Uni and ask - but wait until after Results Day so as not to tempt fate!
you'll be sent information after your place is confirmed with moving-in dates etc.. don't panic! you could always check the uni website for the dates; they're usually on there
Reply 8
I know at Liverpool the semester starts on 27th September, but you move in 20/21 September for Fresher's week that week before the actual term starts. I would have thought that is the case with you. As someone as already said, it will come in the pack, once you meet your conditions.
Reply 9
Expression

But 20 & 21st is a Monday & Tuesday and not a weekend.
18th & 19th is the weekend.
Jenna999
Expression

But 20 & 21st is a Monday & Tuesday and not a weekend.
18th & 19th is the weekend.

So it is. :tongue: :rolleyes:
explodingxstars

No. I think they send and any other essential information once your results are confirmed.
Pencil Queen
Never EVER buy a reading list before you get to uni- it's a complete waste of money. Hold off until you arrive and you'll probably find you can get a certain amount of books second hand as well as finding out which books you actually NEED* and which books are just on the list because the lecturer felt obliged to put something.

*ie both necessary for the course AND not readily available from the library

as a hint, ask people who did your course last year (at your uni when you get there) what books they advise you buy.

love Kat y***

Latest