The Student Room Group

Law EPQ without an A Level?

Having taken Maths and Physics to show my logic, English to show my sensitivity to language and Theology to show my eloquence and essay writing ability, I decided to miss out on Law as an A-Level, purely because it wasn't necessary. At this point, however, I realise I might struggle with finding an EPQ subject. Considering my knowledge of the law is very limited, I quite frankly have no idea what subject my EPQ should be on? Does it have to be on Law in order to get an offer from Cambridge, or can it be in any social science, provided it highlights one of the skills they desire?
Considering that the EPQ requires students to choose their project based on something that is not included on the students chosen A-Level subjects syllabuses, there is nothing to worry over. Taking AS Law last year did nothing for me. I am also focusing my EPQ on law and basing it on information I have accumulated from university conferences and lectures.

Maybe a good idea will be to pinpoint a topic that is currently in the media and stem from that. I know a couple of people who have based their EPQ's on high profile cases that have made the media or something along the lines of human rights after 9/11. If you have a particular interest in one area of law, such as human rights, it would be a good idea to find any events or topics related to human rights.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending