Is it better to work for a small store or a chain of restaurants/supermarkets?

Watch this thread
andyl9
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm 16 years old and looking for a new job as my current employer only gives me the odd shift and it is difficult to get to (rely on lifts). I am applying for a number of jobs such as Asda, Tesco, House of Fraser etc. but I was wondering everyone's thoughts on whether it's better to work for a large structured organisation or for a small, local shop or restaurant?
chelseacarknif3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andylowes9)
I'm 16 years old and looking for a new job as my current employer only gives me the odd shift and it is difficult to get to (rely on lifts). I am applying for a number of jobs such as Asda, Tesco, House of Fraser etc. but I was wondering everyone's thoughts on whether it's better to work for a large structured organisation or for a small, local shop or restaurant?
I think it really depends on what the places are, to be honest. For big companies, you have the advantage of more training opportunities and usually a big HR team, and incentives for working like bonuses and stuff, and because there's more people it's easier to move around your shifts as well, but for little local places you might find the work more personal and enjoyable, and the smaller environment and staff team easier to deal with
FreedomTower
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andylowes9)
For me, it would be a large company like Tesco but at one of their smaller express stores.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads