Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone uses this? wanna know if its worth trying or not

ReputationRep:
    I used it.
    It was great for the 1st week, then after that, my skin started to peel. Almost as if I had spent too long in the sun. I have very dry skin however, and it may not affect you. But I found the exfoliating twice a day too harsh for my skin to cope with.

I have particularly sensitive skin and you might be able to use it fine. I prefer shiseido available from house of fraser (or beatties) for a similar price.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    My makeup tutor told me to stay well clear of Clinique. It apparently is very harsh, and dries skin out. She says she can tell if someone uses Clinique just by looking at their skin.

Wouldn't bother to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently using the 3-Step Anti-Blemish, have been since the 14th July. I have seen some improvement, but not as much as I was hoping for, and the toner absolutely reeks of alcohol, so after this I'll probably switch to another brand (for the sake of my bank balance as well as for my skin!).

ReputationRep:
    Hmm my skin tends to dry out easily so think I'll give it a miss now thanks

Going try Burt Bees I think..

I use it, have done for 4/5years - works fine on my skin, no problem. Has helped loads with the clearing of my spots too.

ReputationRep:
    My 3 step didn't come with an exfoliator?!

I have the liquid soap stuff, the toner and the moisturiser. I had a period of reall y carp skin, used clinque daily and it worked wonders. I now use it every other day and moisturise every day (my skin had gotten oily cos it was so dry and clogging the pores with dead skin cells).

They do trial size stuff and you get different types of toner moisturiser etc. depending on your skin type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InaSpin)
    My 3 step didn't come with an exfoliator?!

I have the liquid soap stuff, the toner and the moisturiser. I had a period of reall y carp skin, used clinque daily and it worked wonders. I now use it every other day and moisturise every day (my skin had gotten oily cos it was so dry and clogging the pores with dead skin cells).

They do trial size stuff and you get different types of toner moisturiser etc. depending on your skin type.
    The Clarifying Lotion is the exfoliator - it's just a chemical exfoliator rather than a manual one. Glad it's working for you!!! :-)

For those of you with dry sensitive skins, the 3 step routine is suitable for every skin type. We skin type you, and if you have problems with sensitivity there are products available for you!! The facial soap goes down to an extra mild formula, and as well as the 1234 in Clarifying Lotion, there is also a "mild", which is alcohol free. I start clients with sensitive skin off on this one and it gets great feedback! Hope this helps those of you that have been a bit put off thinking your skin might be too sensitive for the products!!! xx

ReputationRep:
    I've tried the whole routine, but it's a bit much for my skin since it's pretty much alright as it is, and doesn't need so severely managing. The clarifying lotion is the step that you could easily miss, if your skin is alright - it feels a bit too much like it's wiping all the natural good stuff out of your skin.

I think they are great products though. I use the moisturiser still, which isn't all that expensive if you take into account how long it lasts. Don't buy from Boots though, they rip you off! It cost me £10 more for the moisturiser than it would have from Superdrug 100 yards down the road, and Boots refused point blank to take it back (despite what they say on their receipts - what's unwritten there is that it doesn't seem to apply to concession stands).

ReputationRep:
    I use the 3-step anti blemish and it is very good, but pricey - I use it once a day rather than twice - helps on saving money as well as stopping skin drying. works very well though.

ReputationRep:
    I personally highly recommend Liz Earle's 3-step routine... nothing else comes close.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Clinique kinda pricey?

If you're unsure about it, then perhaps try slightly cheaper brands first and then work your way up until you find one that suits you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I paid £50 for the full-size cleanser, toner, moisturiser and on-the-spot gel because I was sooooo confident it would work. Hah.

ReputationRep:
    My mum has been using it for aaaaaaages (good 6 odd years) and has never had a problem, her skin is quite nice actually

I'm personally using a bunch of Simple products (got them during 3 for 2 offers in Boots) which has worked nicely and not as expensive!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Neither my mum or I "get on" with Clinique. While I love their moisturiser, the rest of it ruins my skin; I went from being spot-less for my whole life (including adolescence) to pizza-face in three days, pretty much. As somebody said above, it's rather harsh on the skin.

Currently, my mum is using a local brand that she bought from the spa she regularly goes to, and I'm using Boots Botanics - it's cheaper, and not as nice, but it serves a purpose.

When "splashing out", I go for Lancome - it just suits my skin perfectly.
    Jo x

ReputationRep:
    Simple products are good as well, just don't over use their exfoliator. I have to say I was very impressed with Clinque - their airbursh concealer is the best concealer I have found (not that I need it anymore...)

ReputationRep:
    I love the soap-cleanser as for some weird reason my skin doesn't feel clean unless I've washed it with soap and water. I also use the toner but the moisturiser brings me out in spots, so I use a Clarins moisturiser instead.

love danniella

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys but Clinique is sooo bad...
    The step 2....erm the exfoliating lotion bit is like rubbing alcohol all over your face..
    I tried Clinique and never will I try it again...esp if you ahve sensitive skin it's a no no..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya4)
    Sorry guys but Clinique is sooo bad...
    The step 2....erm the exfoliating lotion bit is like rubbing alcohol all over your face..
    I tried Clinique and never will I try it again...esp if you ahve sensitive skin it's a no no..
    There's an alcohol free clarifying lotion available for very sensitive skins or people who don't want to use alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I use clinique, I started off on the mildest one of everything because my skin was so sensitive. When the first clarifying lotion and soap ran out I went back to see them and I moved up on to the next step up and my skin is so much better. It doesn't get half as dry as it used to and its a lot less sensitive than it usd to be! No more red blotchyness whenever makeup comes near my face!!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.