The Student Room Group

Which university for Finance + analysis courses?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to study subjects related to Finance with exposure to data analytics/programming. Currently I think business analytics is the most relevant course for me.

I'm considering the following options:
Tier 1:
1. Warwick MSc Finance, MSc Business analytics
2. Imperial College MSc Finance, MSc Business analytics
3. UCL MSc Finance, MSc Business analytics, MSc financial risk management

Tier 2
4. Cass MSc Finance, MSc Investment management

Tier 3
5. Queen Mary MSc Finance, Msc Business analytics
6. Brunel MSc Finance and investment, MSc data science analytics

I've graduated from a top tier university in Vietnam in economics, GPA 3.3/4.0, overall score 8.0/10, 1 year experience at PwC, 3 months internship at KPMG with job offer (which i didn't accept) and 1 year vice president experience at AIESEC (an international student run organization)

Can you guys provide comments on my admission possibility and any other suggested schools? I don't know if i'm aiming too high or not.

Many thanks,
If you have the grades and work experience required (which you seem to) you should be fine wherever you apply. I'd be careful of putting unis into tiers and focus more on course content and what they have to offer.
Reply 2
thank you for your reply. I thought my thread went to the void just like the others :biggrin:

Currently I've narrowed down my choice just to business analytics and the course contents the most appealing to me was UCL's and ICL's. But these universities doesn't seem to like asian people according to what I read on TSR.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by pekopuca
thank you for your reply. I thought my thread went to the void just like the others :biggrin:

Currently I've narrowed down my choice just to business analytics and the course contents the most appealing to me was UCL's and ICL's. But these universities doesn't seem to like asian people according to what I read on TSR.

No university discriminates.
Original post by pekopuca

Your tier 1 choices are considerably stronger than the others so definately if you get admitted limit it to them three.

I highly doubt any university discriminates against asian students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending