The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

My Week!

I hope your week has been as productive as mine.

I spent the whole week campaigning to get elected for #1 NUS delegate. I made a short video of my manifesto and went around campus trying to convince individuals to vote for me.

I spent my weekend in the local library trying to write up my literature review for my disseration. My chosen topic is around the Media coverage of Iraq Inquiry. Super interesting topic right? Ignore my sarcasm. I genuinely find this an interesting topic as my enthusiasm in politics and be able to analyse while also critically reflecting on political issues is one of the many reasons for choosing this topic.

As course ambassador, I filmed a bunch of campus tour videos on my favourite spots around Middlesex University. Getting to work my fantastic Team Leader, Marzena, has been a blast always and I cannot wait to see the final video.

I know I am bit late, but I have just found out that Netflix works offline! I mean how cool right? I now have something fun to do on my commute to university other than catching up on the several readings. I am joking! Correct me if I am wrong, I think it is important to balance reading and watching and I will accept the challenge to do both.

Flat Earth News by Nick Davies is a book a recommend for all aspiring journalists or journalism students. I have just finished reading it and although it has struck me with many realities of being a journalists, many lessons can be learnt and taken from this book. I recommend you all read it.

I am looking forward to next week as it is YAY.. LAST WEEK OF THIS TERM. I cannot believe how quick this term has gone!

Winter Wonderland here I come! :smile:
Original post by MalakBenani
I hope your week has been as productive as mine.

I spent the whole week campaigning to get elected for #1 NUS delegate. I made a short video of my manifesto and went around campus trying to convince individuals to vote for me.

I spent my weekend in the local library trying to write up my literature review for my disseration. My chosen topic is around the Media coverage of Iraq Inquiry. Super interesting topic right? Ignore my sarcasm. I genuinely find this an interesting topic as my enthusiasm in politics and be able to analyse while also critically reflecting on political issues is one of the many reasons for choosing this topic.

As course ambassador, I filmed a bunch of campus tour videos on my favourite spots around Middlesex University. Getting to work my fantastic Team Leader, Marzena, has been a blast always and I cannot wait to see the final video.

I know I am bit late, but I have just found out that Netflix works offline! I mean how cool right? I now have something fun to do on my commute to university other than catching up on the several readings. I am joking! Correct me if I am wrong, I think it is important to balance reading and watching and I will accept the challenge to do both.

Flat Earth News by Nick Davies is a book a recommend for all aspiring journalists or journalism students. I have just finished reading it and although it has struck me with many realities of being a journalists, many lessons can be learnt and taken from this book. I recommend you all read it.

I am looking forward to next week as it is YAY.. LAST WEEK OF THIS TERM. I cannot believe how quick this term has gone!

Winter Wonderland here I come! :smile:

Sounds like you've had a productive week! I love reading stuff like this so I know what I might be in for next year :biggrin:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Thank you! I'm glad! Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending