The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My best advice is to not worry about it. I can't understand why so much emphasis is put on exams these days.

At my school the SAT's were treated with the same amount of respect you give to hair clippings. Just relax, SAT's do not affect your life in any way.
Reply 2
AntiMagicMan
My best advice is to not worry about it. I can't understand why so much emphasis is put on exams these days.

At my school the SAT's were treated with the same amount of respect you give to hair clippings. Just relax, SAT's do not affect your life in any way.

totally agree - i dont think any additional revision time was given to preparing for SATS in my school. they often threaten that students may drop class sets if they do poorly but if a students ability is monitored with homework and weekly tests this is a much better indicater of how well a student is doing. If ANYTHING Sats only help in that they may show potential in students who are not very pro-active in class.
Reply 3
AGREE with all the above comments, its very commendable your showing concern for them, a great deal more than i did, i cant even remember taking them?? Just follow any revision advice you've been given at school and perhaps do a few maths questions for any areas of the subject you've been strugiling with. If you post you attempted solution to a question on the forum i for one will check if its correct.

good luck :smile:
Reply 4
dont stress yourself, SATs means absolutely nothing, they really do. I got all stressed about them because i was a silly fool, but also because the rest of my class treated me like a benchmark, to beat me at maths or science was considered "an achievement". If you aren't in a situation where people are gonna make you regret getting a low score, then don't worry about them. Yes, try and do your best, but I assure you, they mean ABsoLuteLY nothing. They are only there for the government to go "look how well we're doing, re-elect me!". Focus on GCSEs, they mean something at least!
Reply 5
i_luv_ppl_who..
i am now studying for my year nine s.a.t.s ne1 got any possibly help they could spare as i would find it helpful (very) :confused:

Like everyone else said...schools make a big deal of SATs in yr 9...but afterwards...they reveal they're pointless. If you do need help though....just ask and i'm sure anyone on the forum would be glad to help out

G

Latest