The Student Room Group

Just remembered I have to go to a break time detention tommorow

I got it for my shirt being untucked and also might have it Tuesday for apprently laughing at the teacher who gave me it I was smiling at my friend behind her she also got it should we go

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I got it for my shirt being untucked and also might have it Tuesday for apprently laughing at the teacher who gave me it I was smiling at my friend behind her she also got it should we go

hmmm what do you want in life?

Anyway you probably should and make some beef with the fool who gave it you. What a petty reason to give one for.
From what I remember if you don't go to this, you'll end up having to go for one hour after school one instead
Reply 3
just go, you'll be in more trouble if you don't
it's better if you go when they tell you to go as then it won't become a worse one like an hour detention after school (idk how ur school system works so idk what the next thing up is)
count the square tiles on the ceiling to pass time :smile:
That's seriously stupid:angry:

Sometimes I think schools care more about your appearance than actual education
#ThugLyfe
:rofl: detention for the smallest of things smh
I skipped all the detentions that I got for a year. It works but I wouldn't advice anyone to do it.
Just go? Are you saying you having something better to do?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

That sounds like a pretty lame decision from a teacher to issue a detention especially with having shirt untucked, a kind reminder would be enough IMO and it isn't something serious. I would still attend before this lame matter escalates to further sanctions.
Badmanz.
For not having your shirt tucked in? Do you attend a grammar school, or a public school, because that seems very strict.
Original post by saraxh
I skipped all the detentions that I got for a year. It works but I wouldn't advice anyone to do it.

Depends on the school you go to... I've managed to skip a few :colone: or better still talk the teacher out of it
Original post by saraxh

I have skipped twice before and did get away with it but onetime it was lunch detention there were so many people down to do it teacher couldn't remember who had not gone lol
all these people saying what a silly reason to give a detention for.... yes i agree, kinda

my school have a card system and every time you have something wrong with ur uniform you get a tick, when you have 5 ticks you get a detention.
straight up detentions are silly imo but my school system i think is good cause it filters out the good people with short shirts who forget to tuck it back in for the 5th time in an hour (me in lower school :P) from the absolute idiots who believe in breaking rules and deserve punishment.

to be honest though, if you disagree with me, fair enough, i literally never got a detention of any kind cause me and my friends cared for our work and wanted to do well from the first year rather than GCSE stage. i'm a bit wierd XD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inexorably
For not having your shirt tucked in? Do you attend a grammar school, or a public school, because that seems very strict.

Public its a rule brought in every now and again sometimes we just get told to tuck it in if there on a clampdown DT or some teachers just give DT
Some teachers are so pedantic
Original post by Toasticide
all these people saying what a silly reason to give a detention for.... yes i agree, kinda

my school have a card system and every time you have something wrong with ur uniform you get a tick, when you have 5 ticks you get a detention.
straight up detentions are silly imo but my school system i think is good cause it filters out the good people with short shirts who forget to tuck it back in for the 5th time in an hour (me in lower school :P) from the absolute idiots who believe in breaking rules and deserve punishment.

to be honest though, if you disagree with me, fair enough, i literally never got a detention of any kind cause me and my friends cared for our work and wanted to do well from the first year rather than GCSE stage. i'm a bit wierd XD

Yeah we had a card system once and I only ever had like 2 marks on it but they got rid of that a while ago I am a good student do my work but have had detention for talking and being late to class a few times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending