CTAM: Count to a million (Part 13)

Announcements

ReputationRep:

This thread is a continuation of: CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 12)

Welcome to the 13th part of CTAM!

Notes from the previous thread:

Anyone's invited to take part in the count at any time - the more the merrier as it will mean we will reach the mighty million a lot quicker.

This includes Support Team Members/Section Leaders/Community Team members etc.

A quick recap of the rules:

The Rules

1) One number per post please.

1a) Please make sure to post a number with every post. Every post on the thread counts.

2) Make sure that it's the right number please, don't forget to edit your number/post if you've realized it's the wrong number. Also, please DO NOT DELETE POSTS if they are wrong as this will just mess things up further.

2a) If the wrong number is posted, and it hasn't been edited in a reasonable time-frame, then any other poster can invoke "rule 16b". This is used to retrospectively correct correct another person's number, or numbers. Always ensure the correct number is included if "rule 16b" is used.

3) Multiple posts are allowed per person, but please no more than 10 posts at a time by any one poster. Otherwise it becomes more of a personal count, and less of a forum count.

4) If someone posts, and they are deliberately trying to cause disruption (with no number, and foul language) then the best thing is to ignore them, skip over their posts as their posts will eventually be deleted. Continue counting from the last peaceful post so that when the hooliganistic posts are deleted, the count still makes sense.

WARNING: Anyone found to be deliberately causing disruption, will be reported and have said posts removed.
    PBUs will not be tolerated, and will be reported and banned.

Posting on behalf of a PBU is not allowed and will also be reported.

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to either contact myself or one of the other regular posters on this thread, who will be more than willing to help.

Thread features from the previous thread:

Thread Features

Every so often (approximately every 1,000 posts) a top 10 (or 20, depending) leaderboard for the thread will be posted - great for a nice bit of in thread competition

Sprint Sunday: We have a competition every week, whereby we see how many posts we can make during the hours of 9pm Saturday - 9pm Sunday. This is to help boost the numbers. :yep:
    All other rules (including the 10 post rule) must be adhered to during Sprint Sunday competitions. The person who posts the most during the 24 hours of Sprint Sunday wins, and a separate leaderboard for Sprint Sunday victories is being populated.

There is also a competition for the most amount of 100 posts in a thread - that is, the most amount of times a user has posted a number ending in a multiple of 100. Please note: do not delete posts in order to cheat this competition!

We are currently in the process of populating an overall leaderboard, for all thread parts so far. It will be posted up on the thread when it has been done.

Happy Counting!

Top ten leaderboard for Part 12 can be found here. (Note: the official top 10 does not match this leaderboard; this is due to posts from PBU's being voided.)

Finalized 100 post stats - part 12

1) 04MR17 – 28

2) Bluebutterfly310 - 12

3) mr T 999 - 11

4) markovchain17 - 7

5) CheeseIsVeg - 3

6) PerplexingGeode - 2

6) spotify95 - 2

6) starfab – 2

9) KaylaB – 1

9) Lockra - 1

9) tasha_tah - 1

ReputationRep:

I got 1st post :woo: and I got the 10,000 post :king1: 3 times in a row now :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Leader Board Update:
    Full thread leader board for part 12 can be found here.
    Official leader board is as follows:

:king1: 04MR17 - 2524

:king2: markovchain17 - 837

:king3: Bluebutterfly310 - 694

4th spotify95 - 562
    5th PerplexingGeode - 460
    6th starfab - 425
    7th CheeseIsVeg - 399
    8th mr T 999 - 288
    9th Matrix123 - 166
    10th Iluv2edgedsword - 133
    11th KaylaB - 105
    12th Transitory - 62
    13th Teejas - 59
    14th tasha_tah - 34
    15th Illimitable - 32
    16th James2138 - 27
    17th bizzy_penguin - 21
    17th mobbsy91 - 21
    19th KingCrazy - 19
    20th shadowdweller - 16
    20th bbvii - 16
    20th Sweetpeasw - 16
    21st zxvs - 14
    22nd mediaya - 13
    23rd Ruth199 - 12
    24th: - 10

29th: - 9
    Spoiler:
    Show

31st mhairtransplant - 7
    32nd: - 6

36th: - 4

39th: - 3

46th: - 2

50th: - 1

Thank you very much for participating in our count to a million! It would be a pleasure to count with you again.

ReputationRep:
    130 004

ReputationRep:

(Original post by mr T 999)

I got 1st post :woo: and I got the 10,000 post :king1: 3 times in a row now :jive:
    I did see that

Can we please have the finalized Leaderboard and 100 Post Stats for 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Leader Board Update:
    Full thread leader board for part 12 can be found here.
    Official leader board is as follows:
    Spoiler:
    Show

X

Thank you very much for participating in our count to a million! It would be a pleasure to count with you again.
    DISCLAIMER for the thread leader board is as follows:

As some eagle-eyed readers may see, the thread leader board does not match the full leader board (found here). This si due to the removal of dupe accounts from the official leader board as they are not recognised in accordance with CTAM rules.

Here we go!
    New thread! Loads of room!

markovchain17, can you provide me with your latest forecast for completion? I shall then post it here . Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Special thanks go to KaylaB and Bluebutterfly310 for taking the brunt of the end push to the finish line in the old thread.:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    130006Could you add Sprint Sunday to "thread features". I know you'll be editing the OP etc. but I jsut wanted to mention it whilst it's in my head. Also, I think it best if mr T 999 posted the 100 post stats in his (#2) post.:yep:

Edit: Nevermind just saw post above

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Edit: Nevermind just saw post above
    Old thread is now locked.

Which means I'm going to ask shadowdweller to edit the last few post in that thread to include the correct number if you wouldn't mind shadow. Not many this time luckily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)

Sorry you just missed out on the 10k post :console:

ReputationRep:

Sorry you just missed out on the 10k post :console:
    :shakecane::shakecane::shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)

This thread is a continuation of: CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 12)

Welcome to the 13th part of CTAM!

Notes from the previous thread:

Anyone's invited to take part in the count at any time - the more the merrier as it will mean we will reach the mighty million a lot quicker.

This includes Support Team Members/Section Leaders/Community Team members etc.

A quick recap of the rules:

The Rules

1) One number per post please.

1a) Please make sure to post a number with every post. Every post on the thread counts.

2) Make sure that it's the right number please, don't forget to edit your number/post if you've realized it's the wrong number. Also, please DO NOT DELETE POSTS if they are wrong as this will just mess things up further.

2a) If the wrong number is posted, and it hasn't been edited in a reasonable time-frame, then any other poster can invoke "rule 16b". This is used to retrospectively correct correct another person's number, or numbers. Always ensure the correct number is included if "rule 16b" is used.

3) Multiple posts are allowed per person, but please no more than 10 posts at a time by any one poster. Otherwise it becomes more of a personal count, and less of a forum count.

4) If someone posts, and they are deliberately trying to cause disruption (with no number, and foul language) then the best thing is to ignore them, skip over their posts as their posts will eventually be deleted. Continue counting from the last peaceful post so that when the hooliganistic posts are deleted, the count still makes sense.

WARNING: Anyone found to be deliberately causing disruption, will be reported and have said posts removed.
    PBUs will not be tolerated, and will be reported and banned.

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to either contact myself or one of the other regular posters on this thread, who will be more than willing to help.

Thread features from the previous thread:

Thread Features

Every so often (approximately every 1,000 posts) a top 10 (or 20, depending) leaderboard for the thread will be posted - great for a nice bit of in thread competition

There is also a competition for the most amount of 100 posts in a thread - that is, the most amount of times a user has posted a number ending in a multiple of 100. Please note: do not delete posts in order to cheat this competition!

We are currently in the process of populating an overall leaderboard, for all thread parts so far. It will be posted up on the thread when it has been done.

Happy Counting!

Top ten leaderboard for Part 12 can be found here. (Note: see post #2 for why the official top 10 does not match this leaderboard.)

Finalized 100 post stats for Part 12:

1)

Please see 04MR17 #7 post for 100 post stats. I think we should keep all the info and stats on the op post like we did on the previous one. Looks neat and tidy :yep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    130006Could you add Sprint Sunday to "thread features". I know you'll be editing the OP etc. but I jsut wanted to mention it whilst it's in my head. Also, I think it best if mr T 999 posted the 100 post stats in his (#2) post.:yep:
    Sure, will do

If mr T 999 can edit the 2nd post with the 100 post stats then I'll remove it from the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Sure, will do

If mr T 999 can edit the 2nd post with the 100 post stats then I'll remove it from the OP
    Not sure he wants to :mmm: See his last post. Either way, I'm ambivalent.

ReputationRep:
    130016Not sure he wants to :mmm: See his last post. Either way, I'm ambivalent.
    Okay, in which case I'll put it on the OP post

I've also edited the OP, please can you check it

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Here we go!
    New thread! Loads of room!

Special thanks go to KaylaB and Bluebutterfly310 for taking the brunt of the end push to the finish line in the old thread.:congrats:

markovchain17, can you provide me with your latest forecast for completion? I shall then post it here . Thanks
    :hat2: Just missed out on the 1,000th post though :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Today on TSR
Poll
What is your favourite pancake topping?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.