Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What clothes size have you reached and what weight were you when you discovered you could fit into a smaller size?

ReputationRep:
    hehe i lost a stone and a half and im still a size 12
    then i put some back on on holiday heehee ooopsies got to do it all again now

ReputationRep:
    Before I lost weight I was a 14 on top and 16 for trousers - never wore skirts ha.

Now ~ 2 stones later, I'm a 10 on top, 12/14 for trousers - usually the latter due to my huge bottom and a 10 (not very often!) /12 for skirts (I only ever wear A line ones, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at 8/10 at the mo. For my height I can go much smaller.

ReputationRep:
    how tall are ye Tufteh?

I'm a 10 really now.
    Though I got some gap high waist shorts and they kinda fit and their size 8.

ReputationRep:
    This is hard to answer because size varies wherever you go, and I wasn't constantly buying clothes during my weightloss, but I used to be 12st 8 and a size 14/16 and now I'm 10st 10 and a size 10/12

ReputationRep:
    I was a size 12 now after I've lost over 2st I'm a size 10.

ReputationRep:
    I was a size 12, lost 20lbs and I'm still a size 12. Sucks bum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    I was a size 12, lost 20lbs and I'm still a size 12. Sucks bum!
    rufus knows how you feel having lost pretty much the same amount and not changed atall hehe

ReputationRep:
    I was a 12 about a stone ago and now I'm a 8/10

ReputationRep:
    I've lost 12lbs so far and am slowly fitting into size 8/10s like I used to. I want to lose about 4lbs more though.

ReputationRep:
    Was a 16 on top and 16 on bottom, but I've lost a stone and a half and I'm now a 14 on top and 16 on bottom still! So my stomach is disappearing and my thighs are staying the same and it looks so awful!

ReputationRep:
    Was a 12/14, lost 2st, am now a 10. Would like to get down to an 8 and should be that size given my build.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufus_da_bear)
    rufus knows how you feel having lost pretty much the same amount and not changed atall hehe
    I'm guessing most of that weight loss must have been muscle mass and water retention :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    how tall are ye Tufteh?
    5ft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    I'm guessing most of that weight loss must have been muscle mass and water retention :/.
    I personally have gained muscle but not anywhere that would particularly affect my clothes sizes.

ReputationRep:
    I was a size 14 going on 16 and have now lost just about 2 stone - am now a 10 on top and a 12 on bottom, 10 in some trousers. Most of the change in dress size has been since I've been running and doing weights - It really helped me lose the fat and that's when I've seen the most significant change in my body.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to get down to a size 8 in trousers but with my butt I don't think that will ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooCee)
    I was a size 14 going on 16 and have now lost just about 2 stone - am now a 10 on top and a 12 on bottom, 10 in some trousers. Most of the change in dress size has been since I've been running and doing weights - It really helped me lose the fat and that's when I've seen the most significant change in my body.
    Yeah I'm only really seeing changes now that I've started weights, although not enough yet for a whole dress size! Fingers crossed! Although I can now fit into a pair of size 12 trousers that were too small for me before, although I wouldn't say I was a real size 12 yet.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.