The Student Room Group

UEA vs SOAS vs Royal Holloway vs Uni of Reading (Economics)

Hey, which of these university choices are best for an Economics course?

Please rank in level of best to worst:
- University of East Anglia
- SOAS, University of London
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- University of Reading

Assuming location/grade requirements aren't an issue, what would be your top pick in general? (after considering reputation, modules, ranking, employability, etc.)
In my (non-expert) opinion, I would say: SOAS, Royal Holloway, UEA, Reading - but only because I think Uni of London colleges have slightly more cachet than the other places you mentioned, and SOAS has a strong international reputation for development economics. I doubt there is any difference in terms of education quality; as for modules, only you can decide which ones interest you best.
Original post by nibhed

- University of Reading

Assuming location/grade requirements aren't an issue, what would be your top pick in general? (after considering reputation, modules, ranking, employability, etc.)

Personally, I would say:

SOAS
UEA
Royal Holloway
Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nibhed

- University of Reading

SOAS, East Anglia, Reading, Royal Holloway.

But tbh apart from SOAS I don't like the other uni's, e.g. East Anglia have been given two unconditionals to people with AAA predicted for Economics at my sixth form (they only have AS's).. generally they don't have a great reputation either. However, SOAS is a decent uni and I know people who go there and have heard just good things about it. What are your predicted grades and AS's?

Quick Reply

Latest