The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Should I apply?

I do not like cold environments, but I am secure in the sense that the grades I will achieve at A level will allow me to study at Edinburgh university. I've been to the city for holidays but not to live there or study there so I was wondering how I would cope with the cold winters and should I even apply or choose a different university?

Thanks!
Do not apply. There are many universities. Apply to the ones where you will not hate the weather.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Well, why do you think about applying there? Is your dream course only available in Edinburgh?
If it's only because of the grades I wouldn't apply. Most universities will accept you if your grades are good enough for Edinburgh as their entry requirements are quite high.
Original post by TheYearNiner
I do not like cold environments, but I am secure in the sense that the grades I will achieve at A level will allow me to study at Edinburgh university. I've been to the city for holidays but not to live there or study there so I was wondering how I would cope with the cold winters and should I even apply or choose a different university?

Thanks!

well it depends on how much the course you want to do is important versus the weather. Although to be honest you will have to exclude most Universities in the United Kingdom to avoid cold weather in winter.

If you look here:https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/United-Kingdom/average-annual-temperatures.php

You will see that the difference between the Average low in Edinburgh (5 degrees) and Birmingham ( 6 degrees) Cambridge ( 6 degrees) and even London ( 8 degrees) is marginal .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending