Does anyone know the new edexcel GCSE grade boundries for Maths (9-1)?

Watch
charlott3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I am the first year to be doing the new GCSE for maths and English, 9-1. I just got back my maths results and I am wondering does anyone know the grade boundaries from pixel if you have already done the mocks?

BTW I got 154/240 which is quite bad, I got 64% overall but hopefully for the real thing I can get about 80-90%!

Thank you for the help xx
nick8141
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charlott3)
Hi,

I am the first year to be doing the new GCSE for maths and English, 9-1. I just got back my maths results and I am wondering does anyone know the grade boundaries from pixel if you have already done the mocks?

BTW I got 154/240 which is quite bad, I got 64% overall but hopefully for the real thing I can get about 80-90%!

I am also doing the new 9-1 Maths and English GCSE and from what i've been told there are no solid grade boundaries and it's just a matter of how everyone else performs. For example the top 5% would get a 9, and then top 15% an 8 and so on. This is just an example though the real percentage boundaries could be completely different
username2740239
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
my teacher told us that he thinks roughly 60% is a 7, but it's just a guess. no one really knows.
Samosa and Vada
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
154/240 is a good score in new spec and it's a grade 7.
charlott3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Samosa and Vada)
154/240 is a good score in new spec and it's a grade 7.
Okay thank youuu xx and I only think its bad because a) I want to do A - level maths and I was hoping I could get an A in A-level maths and b) Someone got 190/240 so my score seemed pretty low

Do you know the official/estimated grade boundaries from PiXL ? thank you again x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
Grade 7 is an A
thatthat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry I don't know the exact grade boundaries but from what my maths teacher has told me they will be REALLY quite low. Because it is the first year of a new qualification the exam board takes into account the fact you won't have past papers, or the teachers won't be used to the new content... So as someone mentioned above (with a 7 - which is an old A - as being only 60%) they will be really low Sorry I can't be specific but hope this helps
Shockez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Hey I assume 154/240 is like a grade 6-7 I sat a pixl mock in Year 10 and it was also out of 240. Can you tell me what topics came up and was this Edexcel style?
elizabetheb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because it's based on national percentage- I think the top 20% will get a 7 and above, and then the top 20% of people getting an 7 and above will get a 9, there's really no way to know, but I do have a CGP book which estimates 93 for a 9, 81 for an 8, 68 for a 7, 56 for a 6 , 43 for a 5 and 31 for 4 ( this is for the OCR higher).
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

PiXL should have released their GB surely Lemur14?
Smarties<3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got around 73% overall. Is that an 8? What do you think the grade boundary is for a 9? The specimen was quite hard compared to least year's. opinions?
charlott3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smarties<3)
I got around 73% overall. Is that an 8? What do you think the grade boundary is for a 9? The specimen was quite hard compared to least year's. opinions?
Hi! basically I have looked around and apparently Grade 7 = 156 (I WAS TWO MARKS OFF) and Grade 9 would be like (227) out of 240 but no one really knows tbh!

I am getting my actual grade for maths next week that PiXL have put out so I will tell you what mine was and what would be about 73%. I think that's a grade7/8 because people who have been commenting about ^^ think 60% is a 7!

But no one really knows so I will try and let you know next week!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (8)
57.14%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (0)
0%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (2)
14.29%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
7.14%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads