rafsimons
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I started A-levels this year or college (year 12/12th grade) and in my last year I achieved ok without putting in much effort(4A*,4A,4B). This year has been a mess thus far, my grades look horrible:

C3 - Geography
D1 - Economics
D - Spanish

Even me typing this right now is procrastination but I can only work efficiently at night time for some reason, in GCSE I'd leave homework till the last minute which would take me 30 minutes max, now it'll take me 1 hour minimum. I feel like I haven't switched my mindset yet. Geography is the most boring subject I've ever done(human geography was somewhat enjoyable at gcse although I think enjoy stuff I find easy), I picked it because I got an easy A* with it and now it's so boring I'm half asleep,in Spanish I have to learn only about topics I really don't care about - Gender Equality, Traditions etc... , Economics is the only subject I don't mind but in my latest test I scored 58% which was above the class average but still horrible, I feel like I'm going to fail which is pretty ironic because the teacher gave a speech on opening day saying "All of you will have a mental breakdown at least once" and I thought "this doesn't apply to me".

Any advice or even sharing your experiences will help, thank you.
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't overly worry about bad grades right now (I say this because my mock grades in January this year were like CDDEU and I came out with AABBC, even though I could've done more revision but ignore that lol)

I am the world renounced procrastinator too so my advice to you is structure your life. Don't overdo it, that's another way to put work off by over organising your life, but have a revision timetable/folders for each subject and give yourself enough breaks to not just procrastinate with your notes too (doodles etc)

Also, the leaving work to the last minute = me. BIG MISTAKE if you can stay after school to do work, or go to a library, because then you're still in a "worky" mood and are more likely to just keep going. If not this do it as soon as you get in and do things like don't let yourself eat till you do xyz (giving yourself an incentive to work bc you know you're about to eat)

Hope this short reply helps also don't go on tsr lol that's how I procrastinate...
rafsimons
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Its_Tito)
I wouldn't overly worry about bad grades right now (I say this because my mock grades in January this year were like CDDEU and I came out with AABBC, even though I could've done more revision but ignore that lol)

I am the world renounced procrastinator too so my advice to you is structure your life. Don't overdo it, that's another way to put work off by over organising your life, but have a revision timetable/folders for each subject and give yourself enough breaks to not just procrastinate with your notes too (doodles etc)

Also, the leaving work to the last minute = me. BIG MISTAKE if you can stay after school to do work, or go to a library, because then you're still in a "worky" mood and are more likely to just keep going. If not this do it as soon as you get in and do things like don't let yourself eat till you do xyz (giving yourself an incentive to work bc you know you're about to eat)

Hope this short reply helps also don't go on tsr lol that's how I procrastinate...
Thank you very much, I appreciate your reply a lot, will take your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads