Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    NO! :mad: I dont want it to be hotter then 15c!
    I'm with you on that, most of the time anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    I heard it was 32c last year. Well today was bloodly hot aswell!
    I dont remember it being that hot last summer, just pleasant. That said, I was in Africa in july, and probably got kinda used to the climate there, so when I got back to Blighty I didnt notice the "heatwave".

ReputationRep:
    Todays warmest was 29 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Todays warmest was 29 degrees.
    Where?

(Original post by s43)
    I heard it was 32c last year. Well today was bloodly hot aswell!
    32 degrees is certainly not hot by any means! That's average to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    32 degrees is certainly not hot by any means! That's average to me
    Are you from Trinidad?

ReputationRep:
    awwww...

You are just lucky I havent been complaining about the cold... thats becuase it isnt. Seriously, Its cute the way you guys moan about the heat!!! Bless your cotton socks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I hope we beat the 40 mark one of these days...
    no you don't! :P I'm in Japan right now on holiday, when I arrived it was 40 degrees and it was stuffy as hell, it was horrible! 40 is way too hot..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    I dont remember it being that hot last summer, just pleasant. That said, I was in Africa in july, and probably got kinda used to the climate there, so when I got back to Blighty I didnt notice the "heatwave".
    Last year was the hottest summer on record, it often reached 27-30c and that was in Manchester, that place near the north pole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Where?
    It was on Weatherview last night. Cant remember where though and the BBC Weather site don't have it on there . But it was 29 degrees as the hottest I remember that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Last year was the hottest summer on record, it often reached 27-30c and that was in Manchester, that place near the north pole
    Yeah, but like I said, I went from being just south of the equator, to being here for the heatwave, so there wasnt much of a change (this year feels hotter, but that's because I'm spending most of it in an office, with no air conditioning).

ReputationRep:
    I was in Florence for the hottest day in its history last year - was over 40c I think...

ReputationRep:
    I was in northern france last year and it was 45C in the shade. Bloody unbearable I don't like anything hotter than 22C normally.

(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Are you from Trinidad?
    Yes... how did you know that? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to advocate really hot summers but then what if it gets muggy at night, that's going to 'kill', for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    I was in northern france last year and it was 45C in the shade. Bloody unbearable I don't like anything hotter than 22C normally.
    45c! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I like hot days but at night, I hate it when it gets sticky as I can hardly type without getting pissed off. My glasses and my hands get all sticky. And if you try leaving the window open, all sorts of flying crap start coming in.

ReputationRep:
    last year whilst england had the 'heatwave' i was in Portugal, where they had the hottest day they've EVER had, 47c in the shade, car tires and roads were melting. Most other days were 45c, infact, most went to 47c after that. I got back to about 30c here, i was okay in jeans and a tshirt lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Yeah, I was in Biarritz during the insanely hot week. Horrible

ReputationRep:
    I went to thorp park on the hottest day of the year last year (planned in advance so had no idea it would be that hot!), when it was 38oC in the shade. There isnt a whole lot of shade in thorpe park, so everyone was stripping off to keep cool and rushing to get on the water rides. Having said that it wasnt too busy either, so queues wernt bad at all!

I for one love the heat, its the humidity and night which can annoy me when im trying to sleep. I find it funny that everyone else in this country moans that its too hot or too cold or too wet etc... personally I enjoy the variety we get here.

P.S. I am English

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.