Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    45c! :eek:
    It was absolutely horrible. It was quite windy, but wind is no good if the wind is really hot. It was a bit like standing in a giant clothes dryer.

Literally any physical exertion made you sweat, and we begun the day by demolishing a wall :mad: . Around mid-day it became really unbearable and we had to sit inside and drink beer all day. (So I guess it wasn't too bad in the end ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Around mid-day it became really unbearable and we had to sit inside and drink beer all day. (So I guess it wasn't too bad in the end ).
    The best preventative for heat stroke and dehydration! Copious amounts of beer!

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when it's hot and humid and there's no breeze. Worst weather ever. Bring on the snow!!!

ReputationRep:
    i think the hottest i've experienced in the uk was on wednesday....was in surrey then. not sure what the temp was but it was HOT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    I hate it when it's hot and humid and there's no breeze. Worst weather ever. Bring on the snow!!!
    LOL, Bring on the snow NOW!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    I went to thorp park on the hottest day of the year last year (planned in advance so had no idea it would be that hot!), when it was 38oC in the shade. There isnt a whole lot of shade in thorpe park, so everyone was stripping off to keep cool and rushing to get on the water rides. Having said that it wasnt too busy either, so queues wernt bad at all!

I for one love the heat, its the humidity and night which can annoy me when im trying to sleep. I find it funny that everyone else in this country moans that its too hot or too cold or too wet etc... personally I enjoy the variety we get here.

P.S. I am English
    Is that in the UK? If it reached 38c in the UK then that probably would have been a record and it would have been on the news a lot. In the UK when it any where reaches above 30c a lot of fuss is made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    LOL, Bring on the snow NOW!!!
    No! Are you crazy! Sunshine is good! Summer is great! Flippy flops!

I also love snow aswell, just don't like nasty, evil weather that attacks me when I go out a.k.a rain, wind, gales etc. Mucks up my hair completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

No! Are you crazy! Sunshine is good! Summer is great! Flippy flops!

I also love snow aswell, just don't like nasty, evil weather that attacks me when I go out a.k.a rain, wind, gales etc. Mucks up my hair completely.
    LOL. Flippy flops! oh yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I hope we beat the 40 mark one of these days. This summer has been appaling compared to the last one. I want more sun!!!!!!
    40? How can you enjoy a summer when it's that hot. I've had holidays in Andalucia and North Africa and when it's that hot, it's not pleasant, it's just awful.

Anything around 25 or 30 and sunny weather is fine to enjoy the summer.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.