Hello, my name is YourAverageGuy!

I'm studying... Economics, Sociology, Business Studies

I'm interested in... Not school

My study level is... A-level (A2)
Original post by YourAverageGuy
I'm studying... Economics, Sociology, Business Studies

I'm interested in... Not school

My study level is... A-level (A2)

i've taken a optional 3rd year at college figured id get more qualifications and im studying theatre studies and textiles

i'm interested in product design

studying A levels A2
Original post by Scholesssss
i've taken a optional 3rd year at college figured id get more qualifications and im studying theatre studies and textiles

i'm interested in product design

studying A levels A2

I dont like school and dont wanna go uni any other options you think?
I dont like school and dont wanna go uni any other options you think?

I didn't think i wanted to go to university but ii changed my mind but a gap year is always fun and then if after that apprenticeships are a good way forwards can even do apprenticeships that get you abroad which i looked at which they look pretty cool. or even internships which are just shorter but id recommend those to go into a job or traveling which ever way you want to go about it :smile:
I didn't think i wanted to go to university but ii changed my mind but a gap year is always fun and then if after that apprenticeships are a good way forwards can even do apprenticeships that get you abroad which i looked at which they look pretty cool. or even internships which are just shorter but id recommend those to go into a job or traveling which ever way you want to go about it :smile:

What made you change your mind? At the moment i really dont want to go
What made you change your mind? At the moment i really dont want to go

i don't know to be honest i felt i wasn't ready to go when everyone else went hence the extra year but i just thought about it and i got more foundations to be honest and didn't want to go into working just yet and its something that i enjoy i'm struggling to pinpoint why a bit more but i think i wanted to enjoy the social side to and the atmosphere . i had heard about uni from my brother and sister and then had on the other end my other brother who had gone straight into apprenticeships got to see all sides at least.
i don't know to be honest i felt i wasn't ready to go when everyone else went hence the extra year but i just thought about it and i got more foundations to be honest and didn't want to go into working just yet and its something that i enjoy i'm struggling to pinpoint why a bit more but i think i wanted to enjoy the social side to and the atmosphere . i had heard about uni from my brother and sister and then had on the other end my other brother who had gone straight into apprenticeships got to see all sides at least.

Yeah i want to go for the social side but not so interested on the study side. I feel an apprenticeship will be better for me but i have strict parents who are fixated on me going to uni as they think its the only route to success.
Yeah i want to go for the social side but not so interested on the study side. I feel an apprenticeship will be better for me but i have strict parents who are fixated on me going to uni as they think its the only route to success.

damn man that's unfair , to be honest they will probably just be trying to do what's best for you or what they think is best for you which isn't always the right way to do it in all fairness. it may be a good idea to find like a selection of apprenticeships that your interested in and think are good , like what kind of stuff would you think about going into? and then so you have backup to show them you have done your research.

Quick Reply

Latest