Calling all South Asian girls!! Watch

Miser101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a Asian guy I plan on doing postgrad dentistry, with Asians being more inclined to settle down and married more early like 2/3 after graduating would I even have a chance with a Asian girl since I'd graduate postgrad when I'd be 27

It's a damn shame how are society is more inclined towards earlier marriage or atleast my religion is anyway
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't see the problem :dontknow:
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
asian culture is retarded
SofyTSR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
obviously
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by SofyTSR)
obviously
Obviously I would still have a chance or no
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry Bird)
asian culture is retarded
To a certain extent I agree with you
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, not all Asians follow the culture tbh, you'd have a chance easily.
DesiGirl31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Miser101)
I'm a Asian guy I plan on doing postgrad dentistry, with Asians being more inclined to settle down and married more early like 2/3 after graduating would I even have a chance with a Asian girl since I'd graduate postgrad when I'd be 27

It's a damn shame how are society is more inclined towards earlier marriage or atleast my religion is anyway
In 3 years time youd be 27?

Tbh 27 is a normal age to get married.
Like i know someone who was 19 and a 26 yo guy came to see her as a rishta meet. Like anything is possible nowadays.

Im tired though, dony know if that helped or made sense :yy:
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by DesiGirl31)
In 3 years time youd be 27?

Tbh 27 is a normal age to get married.
Like i know someone who was 19 and a 26 yo guy came to see her as a rishta meet. Like anything is possible nowadays.

Im tired though, dony know if that helped or made sense :yy:
I'm currently 20 but by the time I've finished undergrad and postgrad I will be 27 but its cool its sunday night, netflix but don't chill that **** is prohibited
Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah you would. I plan on doing a masters and working a few years before thinking about marriage, I'm sure other South Asian girls want to study further/have a career first.
Poooky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think there'd be any problem, the age thing only really applies to girls (unfortunately!) 27 is perfectly acceptable for a guy
But if you're worried, you could start looking at rishtas before you graduate?
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternalflames)
Yeah you would. I plan on doing a masters and working a few years before thinking about marriage, I'm sure other South Asian girls want to do study further/have a career first.
I'm a Indian/Gujarati Muslim a lot of us are 2nd generation atm and its a issue a lot of 2nd generationers suffer from this culture divide within families. My parents are fine with my decision and they would support me that doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer me to get married early but they will still support me all the same no matter what decision I take. It's just the girls i'm worried about and whether they would like a lean, muscular, older man (totally pimping myself out with that statement )
tammie123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I know quite a few asians who would like to get married at an older age. Also there is the option of getting married but still continuing with your studies while you're married, I know alot of people who are doing that
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Poooky)
I don't think there'd be any problem, the age thing only really applies to girls (unfortunately!) 27 is perfectly acceptable for a guy
But if you're worried, you could start looking at rishtas before you graduate?
I would really like a relationship before postgrad but from what I hear dental school is very tough and I wouldn't to want subject a women to me being cranky/stressed/on edge due to dental school stresses but I guess thats where a relationship could help because she can be someone to talk to and stuff
Poooky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would really like a relationship before postgrad but from what I hear dental school is very tough and I wouldn't to want subject a women to me being cranky/stressed/on edge due to dental school stresses but I guess thats where a relationship could help because she can be someone to talk to and stuff
Awww that's sweet! It's your choice really! I don't think there'll be any problems with getting rishtas while you're still a student, if that's what you're worried about. Or heck find a doctor, they'll still be studying too
Miser101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Poooky)
Awww that's sweet! It's your choice really! I don't think there'll be any problems with getting rishtas while you're still a student, if that's what you're worried about. Or heck find a doctor, they'll still be studying too
Doctor that's a good shout I'll see how things unfold, I personally don't actively go out and look for a relationship because I'm not desperate but I have a lot going on but sometimes I wish I can enjoy my time with someone who is just right but yeah doctor a lot of similarities in terms of the career and stuff
xnox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a Indian/Gujarati Muslim a lot of us are 2nd generation atm and its a issue a lot of 2nd generationers suffer from this culture divide within families. My parents are fine with my decision and they would support me that doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer me to get married early but they will still support me all the same no matter what decision I take. It's just the girls i'm worried about and whether they would like a lean, muscular, older man (totally pimping myself out with that statement )
that's great about your parents but that's just the case for male 2nd gens. i've never seen a male asian be pressured by their parents to get married in the same way they would a female. it's not a competition i'm just drawing a comparison, there's way more pressure and for most it's hard to even find someone that fits their criteria :borat:
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
isn't it that girls are told to marry earlier than guys do?
Asiangirl_18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys get married as late as mid 30s to even in their 40s. There isn't much of an issue. If you are an Asian woman and not married off early, looks begin to fade and not as many prospective marriages will be brought to you. Although this is changing within Asian culture too with women marrying late after having followed their careers.
queenofswords
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
27????!!! LOOOOL

Mate I'm a South Asian and I took a gap year AND I'm doing a masters. Considering a PhD. Education and career is worth so much more than settling down. Don't waste your life on a girl that settles down at a young age.

I know asian girls from my secondary school who settled down after college they have like 2 kids now. It's such a step back for our race.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads