RJ29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Which should I choose , LSE Law with Anthropology or Queen Mary Law. LSE is LSE but at Queen Mary get a straight Law degree . What do you think?
RJ29
Rep:
?
Unclear as to why you think decision is so obvious.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JohnGreek)
Look into whether Law with Anthropology can become a QLD with the right options.
It is a qualifying degree:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...A_AnthLaw.aspx

I agree, though, that it is sensible to look beyond only the brand. For me anthropology would be a total pain in the bum and lack of enthusiasm for it would likely affect my degree classification.
RJ29
Rep:
?
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
It is a qualifying degree:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...A_AnthLaw.aspx

I agree, though, that it is sensible to look beyond only the brand. For me anthropology would be a total pain in the bum and lack of enthusiasm for it would likely affect my degree classification.
But it's LSE??
whyamianadult
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RJ29)
Which should I choose , LSE Law with Anthropology or Queen Mary Law. LSE is LSE but at Queen Mary get a straight Law degree . What do you think?
As long as your Law degree at LSE is qualifying, I would choose LSE for the vast extra curricular/career related opportunities they offer. I go to QMUL and we have nothing of the sort.
RJ29
Rep:
?
What you saying exactly. I'm not planning on dropping out....
RJ29
Rep:
?
Why is it so clear?
Kitkat5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you can do Anthropology with Law and then transfer to LAW!
I think it's best to pick LSE as you can still study law there and it's one of the top unis in the uk and the world! IF you're thinking of going to study postgrad in places like oxbridge or even abroad, LSE is the best bet you have tbh. Also, Queen MAry's not ranked as a top London uni.The one's considered as top London unis are LSE, UCL and King's.
Kitkat5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How's your application going so far though? what were your GCSE, AS grades and what offers/rejections have you got so far.
Estreth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kitkat5)
you can do Anthropology with Law and then transfer to LAW!
Not if the OP originally applied for Law and got offered Law & Anthropology instead, as JohnGreek suggests. I think they might spot that strategy.
Kitkat5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Estreth)
Not if the OP originally applied for Law and got offered Law & Anthropology instead, as JohnGreek suggests. I think they might spot that strategy.
Surely it's not about spotting a strategy. If you get into the uni in september, they can't stop you from transferring to LAw because you got rejected the first time? surely?
Estreth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kitkat5)
Surely it's not about spotting a strategy. If you get into the uni in september, they can't stop you from transferring to LAw because you got rejected the first time? surely?
Maybe I misunderstood; I haven't gone back through the OP's posts.

I understood JohnGreek as saying that the OP had applied for Law (starting 2017) this autumn, had been rejected for the course, but had been offered a place on the Law and Anthropology course (starting 2017) instead. What I'm saying is - if that is the case, they're hardly likely to allow someone who is on the Law and Anthropology course precisely because (s)he was rejected for the Law course transfer to the course for which (s)he was rejected.

And it's not a question of them stopping you from transferring to Law; it's a question of them not allowing you to transfer. The official presumption will always be against transferring course, even if in practice many students are allowed to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
26.67%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.33%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.33%

Watched Threads